Today Amazon released BlackBerry version of their best selling device Kindle. They unveiled this app for the BlackBerry users only. Amazon released Kindle app for iPhone and PC before. This application is free for the BlackBerry users. You can download this free app from Amazon.com.
The BlackBerry edition of Kindle app lets customers enjoy over 420,000 books, including 102 of 112 New York Times Bestsellers, on a range of BlackBerry devices. The app syncs across all your Kindle accounts of course. So that when you purchase an e-book from the Kindle store through your BlackBerry app, you can still read from your PC, iPhone, iPod touch and possibly soon on your iPad, if you’re planning to get one. Of course, it goes without saying that it’s also available on the various models of Kindle e-Reader, whichever you have right now and whether you are planning to get one soon.
“Since the launch of our popular Kindle for iPhone app last year, customers have been asking us to bring a similar experience to the BlackBerry, and we are thrilled to make it available today,” said Ian Freed, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “Kindle for BlackBerry is a great way for customers to continue reading their current book wherever they are – in between meetings, at the grocery store or waiting in the doctor’s office. We think customers are going to love how easy and fun it is to read their Kindle books on their BlackBerry.”
Kindle is the most wished for, most gifted and #1 bestselling product on Amazon.com, and customers can now get the Kindle experience on their BlackBerry by downloading the free app at www.amazon.com/kindlebb.
Customers using BlackBerry devices on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and other U.S. carriers can get easy wireless access to over 420,000 Kindle books, including New York Times Bestsellers and New Releases, most for $9.99 or less, by downloading the application for free.
Here are the other major features of Kindle for BlackBerry:
- Search and browse more than 420,000 books, including 102 of 112 New York Times Bestsellers, directly from their BlackBerry
- Shop the in-app store for an optimized Kindle shopping experience – browse and download samples and full books without leaving the app
- Read the beginning of books for free before they buy
- Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers
- Automatically synchronize the last page read between their Kindle-compatible devices
- Create bookmarks and view annotations they created on their Kindle, Kindle DX, or Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch
- Adjust the text size of books
- Read books in full color, including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels
Supported BlackBerry Devices
Below are some of the features to be added in the near future:
In addition to page-by-page navigation, you will be able to scroll text line-by-line.
- Create Notes and Highlights
Along with viewing the notes and highlights you created on other Kindle devices, you will be able to create and edit notes and highlights.
You will be able to search within your book.