Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP3 is ultra slim.The Panasonic Lumix FP3 includes the Venus Engine IV processing engine, which supports a fast response time.The camera have fast shutter speeds and spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities…..
On paper, the FP3 looks like one of the better models in Panasonic’s 2010 lineup. Features include a fairly standard 14.1 megapixel sensor and 4x optical zoom, but there’s a 3-inch LCD touchscreen and 720p HD video packed into this ultra-slim shooter. It’s also compatible with the new super-high-capacity SDXC memory card standard. The more discerning shutterbugs out there may not be happy with the low-light performance, but the rest of us will appreciate the FP3’s small size and intuitive controls.
The newly adopted, 3.0-inch touch screen LCD on the Panasonic Lumix FP3 provides an intuitive control thanks to a hybrid operation combined with the four major operation buttons. The touch-screen operation is fluid and smooth – whether in record or playback mode. While recording,once the frame is composed, users can simply touch the area they want focused before pressing the shutter button. In playback mode, users can drag the image across the screen with their finger to browse the collection of photos, as though it is a page in a book.The Panasonic FP3 includes Intelligent LCD, which detects the lighting condition and controls the brightness level of the LCD in 11 fine steps, to offer a display with the most appropriate clarity in any situation.
New to the Panasonic Lumix FP3 is High Definition (HD) video recording capability at 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480). The Panasonic FP3 camera is compatible with Windows 7. Also, the Panasonic FP3 includes the Venus Engine IV processing engine, which supports a fast response time.The shutter release time lag is approximately 0.006 (0.007) second. With fast shutter speeds, the Panasonic Lumix FP3 makes it easy to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities and has a start-up time of approximately 0.97 second.
The new Panasonic DMC-FP3 digital camera is designed to be sleek in appearance and easy-to-use, perfect for a user who is concerned with the look and style of their digital camera, but does not want to compromise performance,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Starting with how the camera is turned on – simply by sliding the lens cover, the Panasonic FP3 is innovative and uniquely designed. Add our Intelligent Auto Mode, making it easy for consumers to take High Definition-quality photos, plus an intuitive touch-screen, and we are confident the Lumix FP3 will be a standout this year.
Panasonic’s popular iA (intelligent auto) mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. The Panasonic Lumix FP3 includes iA with the following technologies: MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) to help reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake; Intelligent ISO Control to help reduce blur when the subject is moving; Face Detection to ensure registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected; and Intelligent Scene Selector which automatically selects the best option from six popular Scene modes: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and newly added Sunset. To make it even easier, the new Panasonic DMC-FP3 camera features the dedicated iA button, which lets the user engage iA easily with a click of the button.
Panasonic Lumix FP3 features:
- Quick Setting – Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, White Balance – to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There’s no need to open several menu screens to adjust them – the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
- Scene Modes: Variety of options, such as Baby, Pet and Sports – lets the user set in this Mode and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
- Photo Frame: Put attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
- My Scene – Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best, so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode.
- Macro Zoom – Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom, and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
- SDXC Computability – Compatible with SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 64 GB and 48 GB SDXC Memory Cards – to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
- Battery Life – Can take up to 300 images on a single battery charge.
Pricing and availability for the Panasonic Lumix FP3 will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. The camera is built of solid, high-quality aluminum, and will be available in the following colors: silver, black and navy. As soon as we receive a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP3 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures,
- 14.1 megapixels
- 4x optical zoom
- 3-inch LCD touchscreen
- 720p HD video mode
- Captures to SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Lithium ion battery
| « Previous |
No Jailbreak For iOS 4.0.2, iOS 3.2.2 – iPhone Dev Team Confirms
| Next » |
Apple Special Event: Rumors and Expectations