Adobe lab have released the version 3.4 RC of Lightroom, which is code for a completely free copy of the latest Adobe Lightroom. The RC, which can be downloaded from Adobe Labs now, brings a host of bug fixes to Lightroom 3.3.
* Lightroom encountered issues presenting double-byte character metadata after the image was edited on Photoshop.com.
* Publish collections did not work properly if the sort order is set to descending. (“Z to A”).
* Using the up/down arrow keys or the mouse wheel to adjust a parameter while the graduated filter is activated caused increments of plus or minus 100 instead of 1.
* Interlacing artifacts, and a slight magenta cast in the deepest shadows could have appeared on some high-contrast edges of Canon mRaw files.
* A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture.
* Video files were allowed to be added to a SmugMug publish collection not capable of supporting video uploads.
* Folder creation caused an expanded folder hierarchy to close unexpectedly in the Library Module.
New Cameras support in version 3.4:
* Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5)
* Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50)
* Hasselblad H4D-40
* Olympus E-PL1s
* Olympus E-PL2
* Olympus XZ-1
* Samsung NX11
Adobe is currently offering Photoshop Lightroom 3.4 RC as a free download. The release candidate will expire on 5/31/2011.
Download Adobe Lightroom 3.4 RC.