Listen To This Article:
The Q Acoustic is the latest addition to their Concept 500 Series. The Q Acoustics 3050i is available in four colors- Graphite Grey, English Walnut, Carbon Black and Arctic White.
In short, the speaker holds two coated paper 6.5-inch mid-woofers. Regardless of the base color, it will have a Chrome Bezel around the Driver. Also, it has a cabinet-decoupled 0.9-inch dome tweeter. And lastly, there is a large Bass port at the back side of the speaker.
Reduced Cabinet Vibration
If you have used a Speaker before you must have noticed its body starts to vibrate depending on several factors i.e. how often you play music at the highest volume, what kind of music you are listening to and so on! It also depends on the material that is used for building the speaker.
If you were curious enough, you might have noticed that just by putting your arms on both sides of the speaker, you could reduce the vibration. This is because as you apply external pressure, the vibration is neutralized. But why take this extra effort?
The Q Acoustics 3050i comes with two technologies that are meant to reduce this vibration.
HPE™ (Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer)
This technique has been applied to reduce the cabinet resonance. It does so by converting pressure into velocity.
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex
- Bass Unit: 2 x 165 mm ( 6.5 in)
- Treble Unit: 22 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency Response (+3 dB, -6 dB): 44 Hz – 30 kHz
- Average Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Minimum Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83 V@1 m): 91 dB
- Stereo Amplifier: 25 – 180 W
- AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 – 165 W
- Internal Amplifier Power: –
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 Hz (var)
- Effective Volume: 32.4 L (1977 cu in)
- Dimensions W/H/D mm: 310 x 1020 x 310 mm (12.2 x 40.2 x 12.2 in) (inc. grille, terminals and feet)
- Enclosure width: 200mm (7.9 in)
- Weight (per speaker): 17.8 kg (39.2 lbs)
You can also go with the Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack that combines the best three products of the 3000i Series.
Have you already tried the Q Acoustics 3050i? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section with us. In the meantime here is a quick blog on the top VR Headsets of 2018.