In the upcoming father’s day everybody is planning for the best gift for their dad. So we have a suggestion of Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter as the Father’s Day gift. This Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter Controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices. The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter now available in Amazon. As this Quadricopter has not yet been released so you may Pre-order it now and Amazon will deliver it to you when it arrives.
- Receives 720p high-definition live video streaming to smartphone or tablet while flying
- Records & shares videos & pictures straight from AR.FreeFlight 2.0 piloting app
- Orange & Yellow
- Remote control quadricopter controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices with Version 2.2 and Multi-Touch
- Record your live flight videos in HD and send them directly to YouTube and Picasa from the new AR.Drone 2.0 Piloting App
- Perform flips with the press of a button and enjoy a variety of games
- Interchangeable hulls designed for both indoor and outdoor use
The Parrot AR.Drone is the best quadricopter that can be controlled by a smartphone or tablet. By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone is instantly stabilized. It includes AR.Drone’s autopilot feature so anyone can be an expert as the AR.Drone allows for an easy take-off and landing.
Fly. Record. Share.
- Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0 control application for free on the App Store and Google Play.
- New ‘Absolute Control’ mode gives you an option to change levels from beginner to expert
- Record and share videos and pictures directly from the piloting interface
- Store and share your flight data (time, speed, altitude) to unlock community achievements
- Geolocate your flights and connect with a community of pilots to see flights and videos from all over the world, and check who is flying in your neighborhood
HD Video Recording
Get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet as you’re flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot’s seat.
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens: 92 degree diagonal
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Video storage on the fly with remote device
- JPEG photo capture
- Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording
Live HD video streams to your smartphone or tablet
Motors: Fly High. Fly Fast.
- 3 elements 1,000 mAH LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high pitch propeller for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors with micro ball bearing and rare earth magnets, 14.5 watt & 28,500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings, tempered steel proper shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller shafts
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant electronic motor controller
Indoor hull designed for flight inside
Go ahead and try your most daring tricks! This cutting edge design is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engine’s vibrations
- EPP hull injected by a sintered metal mold
- Carbon fiber tubes, 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully repairable: all parts and instructions for repairing are available on Parrot website
Outdoor hull designed for flight outside
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 16Hz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 16bit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000 degree/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6 degree precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- Outdoor hull designed for flight outside
The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is an expensive gift of $299 and can only fly for 15 minutes on a charge. Because of connected to it via Wi-Fi, which is good for about 300 ft. The AR.Drone has two cameras. This cameras could be used not only to see that what the copter sees, but also capture HD videos on your smart phone or tablet. The standard-definition camera is positioned downwards and a 720p HD camera is front faced. You can record sharp videos, wide-angle 720 P video and that MPEG 4 video will either stream directly to your phone or table. The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 comes with two bodies. One is protective foam rings for indoor flying and a leaner body for outdoor. There is a rechargeable battery and a USB port under the hull.
That’s all about the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter. Every body will get so much fun to fly this Quadricopter. So we recommend this Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter as an ideal Father’s day gift.