The Pebble smartwatch has been quite popular in the gadget world for several months now. Lately, Pebble has rolled out an update that comes with multiple alarms, better performance on iOS, “Do Not Disturb” mode, and numerous new features and improvements.
The Do Not Disturb mode is exactly what you’d expect; you can disable all notifications for a set period of time, ensuring you aren’t distracted during an important meeting, or woken up by spam emails in the middle of the night. You can set it to activate and deactivate automatically at certain times.
The Alarms app has received considerable attention as well, with the ability to create multiple alarms, toggle specific ones on/off, or edit alarms, and a new “Snooze Alarm” feature. Users can manage all notifications more quickly and in a few new ways too, with the ability to swap between Notifications On/Phone Only/Notifications Off, which are located under a dedicated menu in settings.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Do Not Disturb: Block notifications for a set period of time (from Pebble: Settings » Notifications » Do Not Disturb).
- Alarms app update: Create multiple Alarms, toggle Alarms on/off, and edit existing Alarms.
- New “Snooze Alarm”: Customizable via the Pebble Alarms app.
- Improved Notification Control: Specify what notifications are displayed (Notifications On, Phone Calls Only, or Notifications Off). Notification settings are now accessible more quickly through a dedicated menu (Settings » Notifications).
- Improved iOS performance: Notifications are now sent more quickly from your iOS device to Pebble. After exiting Airplane Mode, Pebble will now search for connectable iOS devices immediately, instead of waiting one minute.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Pebble may enter “Recovery Mode” immediately after updating to 1.13 firmware.
- Fixed an issue affecting some iOS Pebblers experiencing dropped Bluetooth connections, a few seconds after connecting.
- Fixed an issue where Caller ID data would not display on Pebble after receiving a missed call.
- Fixed Bluetooth data transfer reliability issues, particularly during a firmware update.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble would sometimes keep vibrating after dismissing or answering a phone call.
To get the latest update, all you’ll need to do is open up the app on your Android or iOS device to begin the process.