2K Games and Gearbox Software has finally announced that the Borderlands 2 will be released North America on September 18, 2012 and Internationally on September 21, 2012. The Gunzerker, Ninja and Commando, this three new classes are being apprised in Borderlands 2 but fourth class is the returning class Siren, who’s role was played by Lilith and Lilith’s role in the story of Borderlands 2 is currently unknown.
Borderlands 2 will be available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows based PC. Just like the previous version, Borderlands 2 will support four players co-op as well as two players splitscreen co-op on the console versions.
Borderlands 2 pre-order is now available at Amazon for $59.99
Platform: Xbox 360
- Dynamic Co-op online, split-screen and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: You will find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption.
- New Badass Gun System: An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons. The variety and style of guns in Borderlands 2 is staggering.
- 87 Bazillion Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Alien Artifacts, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot.
- Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever.
- An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons.
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game.
- Improved story integration which finds you left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption.
- In addition to the new gun system, players lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
New York, NY, February 22, 2012 – 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that Borderlands™ 2, the sequel to the multi-million unit selling breakout hit, Borderlands™, will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows-based PC in North America on September 18, 2012 and internationally on September 21, 2012. Currently in development by Gearbox Software, Borderlands 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed four-player cooperative shooter-looter that combined intense first-person mayhem with role-playing gameplay. In addition, fans who pre-order the title from participating retailers will receive access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, including rewarding in-game items and bonuses.
Living up to the mantra “bigger, better and more badass,” Borderlands 2 features all-new characters; skills; imaginative, diverse new environments with unique missions and enemies; and more exciting and fun weapons, equipment and loot than ever before. All of these features come together in a story that takes players to the world of Pandora to take down the notorious Handsome Jack and his corrupt Hyperion Corporation as a solo campaign or with up to four cooperative players.
“The addictive gameplay and shooting and looting mayhem of the first Borderlands is back and better than ever in Borderlands 2, taking the franchise to an entirely new level,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “With more guns, more enemies, more missions, an engaging story and all-new characters, Borderlands 2 promises to bring a new era to gaming this fall.”
Borderlands 2 will allow friends to play together locally via split-screen, as well as online with drop-in-drop-out capabilities. With seamless cooperative gameplay and action, Borderlands 2 is extremely accessible for gamers and their friends to play alone or together in a variety of configurations.
“Borderlands 2 is a passion project, through and through,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “The result is a sequel that has improved every successful aspect of Borderlands while innovating with an all-new experience.”
Gamers who pre-order Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key and the Vault Hunter’s Relic. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora. The Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends. To pre-order Borderlands 2 please visit www.borderlands2.com/preorder.
Borderlands 2 is also available at Game Stop for Xbox 360 ($59.99), PlayStation 3 ($59.99), PC ($49.99).