After 2006, we had to wait almost six years for the fifth installment of the famous Hitman series, which is going to be released this November. The game is titled as Hitman: Absolution. The famous Agent 47 will be back with a bang. This third-person stealth action game will take you on the ground for action with some high-class assassinations. Hitman: Absolution will be a re-debut of the series for multiple platforms – PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. The game will also be available online via Cloud.
Diana Burnwood, former ICA (International Contract Agency) agent and the handler of Agent 47, is assassinated. Agent 47 himself did the job. Now he is haunted by the police and find himself standing against a dark conspiracy led by a guy named Blake Dexter. Agent 47 have to find the truth behind this conspiracy. To do that he will take part in a series of high-class assassinations.
The game opens in Chicago. Various parts of USA will be shown in the story as game locations. Players will definitely miss the globe-totting feature of Agent 47. The conspiracy behind the scene has some issues with the national security of USA. That is why about 90 percent of locations in this game is USA.
- Agent 47 :William Mapother
- Blake Dexter: Keith Carradine
- Diana Burnwood : Marsha Thomason
- Benjamin Travis, the head of ICA: Powers Boothe
- Jade, Travis’ P.A.: Shannyn Sossamon
- Lasandra Dixon ,Head Assassin Nun: Vivica Fox
Minimum System Requirement and Recommended System Requirement
Hitman Absolution system requirements (minimum)
- CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core Intel or AMD processor
- RAM: 1GB of system memory
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible card with 512 MB RAM. Nvidia 8-series or AMD Radeon 3000 series graphics cards.
- Operating system: Windows Vista
- Sound card: DirectX 10 compatible
- HDD: 10 GB
Hitman Absolution system requirements (recommended)
- CPU: 2.6 GHz quad-core Intel or AMD processor, Core i5 or Phenom X2
- RAM: 2GB
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible card with 1GB of video memory, Nvidia 400-series or AMD 5000-series.
- Operating system: Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 8
- Sound card: DirectX 10 compatible
- HDD: 10 GB
Gameplay and Features
- Hitman: Absolution uses Glacier 2 game engine, a world renowned brand for its superfine working elements. With the touch of this gaming engine Hitman has got surely more fluid. The game incorporates lots of environment and character 3D modelling details which makes the game smoother than previous release without compromising with the speed.
- The game has to be played from third-person over the shoulder perspective.
- All the old game-play features – shooting, sniping, disguising, poisoning, choking with trip wire, dragging dead bodies to hiding position, place car bomb – will be back in this game.
- This game features an extensive cover system that will be helpful to carry out assassinations.
- Agent 47 can fake his arrest or surrender, and then kill arresting cop to avoid detection. It is completely a new feature to the gameplay.
- The disguise system of Agent 47 is much better than the previous releases. He can not only take the clothes of the victim but also can imitate like them.
- “Instinct Mode”- a new gameplay feature is also included in the game. It looks like x-ray vision. By this mode, Agent 47 can be made aware of enemy presence, detect their positions, patrol routes, and find sabotage points to create accidental death and more.
- Agent 47 is now able to catalyze accidents to kill enemy in various ways. There are many ways to sabotage accidents; like jam fuel tank, brake fail, manipulate electric circuit etc. Accidental deaths do not raise suspicions, and also gets the agent bonus points and money.
- Agent 47, can perform environmental killings like grabbing statue or scissors, glass shreds and use them to kill enemies.
- Another fantastic feature that caught my attention is the ability to distract unwanted presence of crowd. Agent 47 can use radio, jam microwave oven to blast, trigger car alarm or even blow cars to shift complete attention of crowd to that incident so that he can stealthily do his job.
A mission from the game called “Sniper Challenge” is currently available as pre–order bonus under the name “Hitman: Sniper Challenge”. Players will be able to play the mission before playing whole game. In this mission, Agent 47 has to snipe out Richard Strong Jr., a high profile arms dealer, along with his 15 guards within a 15-minute window. But Agent 47 must do it with extreme precaution and precision. Because there is a party going and lot of people may witness what happened. That’s why he should snipe them in such a way that the bodies remain hidden from other body guards or visitors. He can snipe them when they go to edge so that they fall from the building, shoot crane full of drums to make accidents, shoot them standing in front of swimming pool so that body falls into pool and remain undetected. He can also draw guards to the point of killing by shooting objects. This will make them curious and while they inspect he’ll do the job.
Development and Release
The game is developed by IO Interactive and published by Square Enix. Hitman: Absolution is directed by Tore Blystad. Concept art was done by Visual Works (CGI).The fifth installment of Hitman series is scheduled to be released in Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Cloud (On Live). The game will be released on November 20, 2012 just on the eve of Christmas.