The legendary James Bond series will be completing 50 years from its inception. To celebrate this event, Eurocom and Activision are working to release a brand new James Bond game. The new game, titled 007: Legends, will the latest game addition in the series after the 2010 release James Bond 007: Blood Stone. According to the developer and publisher, this game will be a tribute to the fan following of both James Bond movies and games, as well as to the author of the series – Yan Fleming. The game is scheduled to be released in multiple consoles and platforms in mid-October this year.
James Bond is stuck between a life and death situation. Standing at the edge of doom his mind takes him back to the memories of six most dangerous missions of his life as a British secret agent. This is how 007: Legends will open. Famous award-winning James Bond movies – Moonraker, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Licence to Kill and Die Another Day – are confirmed as the missions from James’s memory in this game. The final mission will from the upcoming latest movie of James Bond, named Skyfall, which is inspired from, and some sort of remake of, 007: Man with the Golden Gun. Another mission is not yet confirmed. I think, that is kept as a surprise.
- Although James Bond 007: Blood Stone was under the third-person cover based shooting genre, 007: Legend have to be played from first-person perspective. This will be a tribute to the traditional gameplay strategy of James Bond, on eve of 50 years of the series.
- Melee strike will also be available in this game.
- Players will be able to upgrade their skill levels by earning XP points like in the early games of James Bond including 007:Nightfire and 007:Golden Eye.
- Daniel Craig, the newest Bond of movie franchise, will be the face of Bond in all missions of the game.
- The game will be available in both single player and multiplayer mode.
Development and Release
The developer of the 007: Legends game is Eurocom, and the publisher is Activision. Worldwide distribution will be handled by MGM Interactive. The game story will be written by the famous James Bond movies’ and games’ script writer Bruce Feirstein, along with Robin Matthews. The game will be released in several platforms – Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Release dates in different regions are also confirmed. In the North American region the game will be released on October 16, 2012. The game will hit Australia the very next day, on October 17, 2012. Two days later, on October 19, 2012, the game will be available in Europe.