Technological News Portal

Apple Investigating Reports Of A Chinese Woman Being Electrocuted By iPhone

Recently, it was being reported that a 23-year old woman was electrocuted by iPhone while she was answering a call on the smartphone. The incident apparently happened while the iPhone was also being recharged. Apple has now stated that it will ‘fully investigate’ this incident.


iPhone 5

The woman who sustained the shock died due to it. Police says that it is looking into the causes of the tragedy, but isn’t sure if iPhone played any role in the death of Ma Ailun in the north-western Xinjiang.

Her sister has posted a message online, stating, “[I] hope that Apple Inc can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging.”

Apple has been rather quick in responding to the incident. The company has dished out an official statement which reads, ‘We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.”

In the past, there have been reports of people being electrocuted when using an unauthorized charger with a notable handset. Unauthorized chargers usually do not include adequate safety measures and can be quite dangerous. However, in the case of Mi Ailun, it is being reported that she was using the original Apple charger when she sustained the incident.

Experts affirm that using a handset while charging it shouldn’t be a problem at all, since the voltage flowing through it is minimal. However, if the wiring from a main circuit somehow gets in touch with the charger, that can be quite dangerous.

Courtesy: BBC

[ttjad keyword=”i-doc-station”]

You might also like
Why Not Join 250,000+ Readers, Like You!
AND GET OUR LATEST CONTENT IN YOUR INBOX

SUBSCRIBE 
Your information will never be shared
close-link