Indie iPhone developer Spielhaus has completely rewritten its first iPhone app. Timr follows the same principles of usability that made the iPhone famous and puts the user first instead of focussing on too many features.
Timr finds the balance between usefulness and simplicity. Built after the iPhone home screen it allows the user to quickly start any number of timers through double-tapping. Appart from the provided preset timers, new ones can be added and personalized. The user may add already included icons, use his own photos or use the built-in camera to snap new photos. Timr makes use of advanced features found in the new iOS4 iPhone software. Alarms go off even when the app is closed. The user interface has been enhanced to look great on the iPhone 4 Retina display.
* Multiple (also concurrently) running timers
* Support for background execution and triggering of running timers
* Customizable timers with included icons or camera snaps
* Customizable background image for the main screen
* Practical featuers like shaking the device to stop a ringing timer or double-tapping to start a timer
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS4 or later
* 2.3 MB free disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Timr – Timer app 1.6 is available to be purchased through the iPhone App Store at a price of $1.99 USD (1.59 EUR). App Store promo codes are available upon request for the press.
You can purchase this app directly from
Some screenshots are given below.
Click On Adds To Buy iPhones