To get the new features like Multitasking, Wallpapers, folders, etc plus improved performance already many users of iPhone/iPod Touch updated to iOS 4 firmware.
If You Face Any Trouble in Unlocking or JailBreaking Any iPhone, You Could Get Lifetime support and Exclusive Unlocking Tools for Just One time pay – Click Here
However, after updating to iOS 4,iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users are facing some crashing issues.On the other hand iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G users are unable to jailbreak with iOS 4 already installed.
This is a complete guideline for those who want to downgrade iOS 4 to OS 3.1.3, 3.1.2.
In this Guide you’ll learn how to downgrade iPhone, iPod Touch iOS 4 firmware to OS 3.1.3 or older firmware with TinyUmbrella(4.00.53 (iPhone 4 Supported) Windows and Mac ,4.00.49 (iPhone 4 Supported)Windows and Mac,TinyUmbrella 4.00.19, Windows , Mac and Linux ).
iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users MUST have SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3/3.1.2/older firmware in order to downgrade.If you don’t know how to Save iPhone 4 SHSH Blobs for iOS 4 with TinyUmbrella 4.00.49.Here’s the step…
* Download TinyUmbrella(Download link for different version have given above)
* Download iTunes 9.2 (iTunes version between 9.0 to 9.2 should work)
Go to start Menu and search for notepad. Run it as administrator.
This will open up the Notepad.exe. Now go to File Menu > Open and browse to the following directory: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Select the Hosts file from that directory. (Make sure you have chosen to show all files. See the screenshots below.)
Remove any line which contains gs.apple.com, remove it or comment it out by adding # in front of that line then save the file and exit.
Run the Terminal app from Applications > Utilities and input the following command and hit the enter key:
sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts
If asked, input your admin password.
TextEdit will open the Hosts file. Remove any line which contains gs.apple.com, remove it or comment it out by adding # in front of that line and save the file then exit.
Run the TinyUmbrella that you downloaded in the Step 1. (Mac users: Copy the app to your desktop or you’ll get repeating password prompts if you ran the app from within the DMG)
Now Connect your iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G or iPod Touch 2G (MC) to your computer.
TinyUmbrella will auto detect your connected device and its ECID.
Now Simply Hit the Save My SHSH button and TinyUmbrella will grab SHSH blobs for your device.
This will also generate a ticket to save SHSH blobs to Saurik’s server.
All Done! You have secured your future jailbreak by saving SHSH blobs for iOS 4 using TinyUmbrella. You can find the saved SHSH file under:
Using the Advanced Options:
If you’ve SHSH blobs saved via Saurik server for an older firmware and want to get those old SHSH blobs into your computer or you don’t want to connect your device (not possible for iPhone 4) and want to save SHSH simply by providing ECID:
* Connect your Device to your computer and fire up the TinyUmbrella.
* Check mark the advanced options.
* ECID: TinyUmbrella auto detects your iDevice ECID or you can enter manually if device not connected.
* Device/Version: Select your device and the firmware version for which you have saved SHSH blobs on Saurik server or the latest one.
* Locations: Cydia
* Hit the Save my SHSH button
This way TinyUmrella will save SHSH blobs for latest firmware or older firmware (if already saved at Saurik server). This will download and save your older SHSH on file, that are already at Saurik server, into your computer.
If you’ve SHSH blobs saved on Saurik servers via Cydia, you need to download them to your computer. To do that:
* Connect your device, Fire up the TinyUmbrella (Download Link below-Step 1) and Check mark the Advanced Options.
* Select your device, firmware (the one for which you’ve SHSH saved at Cydia; 3.1.3 or older) and Cydia as Location.
* Hit the save My SHSH button. that’s it. (check: Where it saves SHSH)
(e.g: to download 3.1.2 shsh blobs from Cydia see the screenshot below)
Steps To Downgrade iOS 4 to OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 firmware:
Step 1 – Required Stuff
Download TinyUmbrella and firmware 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 3G, 2G from the links below:
* Download iOS 3.1.3 for iPhone 3GS , for iPhone 3G , for iPhone 2G
* Download OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS , for iPhone 3G , for iPhone 2G
* Download TinyUmbrella (Needed for iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 2G-MC only.)
Step 2 – DFU Mode
Put your iPhone into DFU Mode (How to: enter DFU Mode)
Step 3 – Start TSS Server
iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC) please skip to step 4. iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users:
1. Run the TinyUmbrella
2. Hit the Display SHSH button to confirm that downloaded SHSH blobs has been cached by TinyUmbrella for 3.1.3 or 3.1.2. (If you already have them in your PC, drag and drop the SHSH blobs of 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 in the TinyUmbrella window then hit the display SHSH blobs button to confirm). See the screenshot below.
3. Then hit the Start TSS Server button
1. Now Open the iTunes.
2. Hold down the Shift (Windows)/Alt (Mac) key and hit the Restore button.
3. Select the downloaded firmware (from Step 1) and let the restore process complete.
iTunes will bring up error 1015, 1013 or 1011 message. Don’t worry, it’s normal. You’ve successfully downgraded your iPhone/iPod Touch firmware.
Step 5 – Getting Out of Recovery
Now in order to get out of recovery mode, hit the “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button on TinyUmbrella right below the Start TSS Server button. That’s it!
Now you can jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 with Spirit, PwnageTool, Sn0wBreeze, RedSn0w and custom 3.1.3. To jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2 you can use RedSn0w, Sn0wBreeze, BlackRa1n, PwnageTool and custom 3.1.2.
You could always get support from UnlockAlliPhone.com about any Unlock & JailBreak issue of any model of iPhone including iPhone 2G,3G & 3GS and also upcoming iPhone 4. They provide Premium Members Support for life time. Means just pay one time a small fee and you will receive support(real human support – avg response time 2 hour) for all present & future version of iPhone.