T-Mobile has just released Device Tune-up for open beta testing.This is a new feature in the My Accounts app from T-Mobile.
Beta testing begins now and is only for a limited number of users.If you want to test it out and get started then follow the following steps:
Steps to Download and Install
1. Setup your device to allow installation of non-market applications: Settings -> Applications -> check the box in Unknown Sources.
2. Access the following link from your phone’s Internet browser: http://ow.ly/1ZpRw
3. On your device, click the link which will open your browser. You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to accept the Terms of this beta. Press Accept and you will see the next page briefly before the download starts. (this may time-out if you are using an unsupported ROM)
4. Once the download is complete, click on it and you will be prompted to install the beta. Press install (you may be prompted to replace the previous version if you had it installed):
5. To view Device Tune-up please open My Device and look at the bottom of the Quick Tools tab:
The Device Tune-up can be turned off and you can select which apps you want it ignore. It will ignore preinstalled apps automatically so there’s no need to worry about it constantly killing your home launcher. This app is available for every version of Android from 2.1 and below.