The HTC EVO Shift 4G still isn’t official and now the device is in the headlines again today, with the latest leak coming from the good folks over at Amazon.Sprint HTC Evo 4G Shift now available at Amazon for pre-order at $199 and give you review by Amazon………
Exclusively from Sprint, the HTC EVO 4G mobile phone is the world’s first 3G/4G Android handset offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.Packed full of powerful mobile communication and multimedia features, the HTC EVO 4G has a large vibrant 4.3 inch display and a built-in kickstand for easy viewing of videos–from Sprint TV programming to HD movies captured on the 8-megapixel auto-focus camera. It’s powered by a screaming fast 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and Google’s Android 2.1 operating system. With integrated Google technology, the HTC EVO 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. The HTC EVO 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera makes it easy to have video calls using the two-way voice and video service from Qik (upgraded account service required). And with built-in mobile hotspot functionality, the HTC EVO 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices–including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device–to enjoy the benefits of 4G speeds on the go. Other features include music downloads from the Amazon MP3 Store, microSD memory expansion (8 GB card included; optional 32 GB cards supported), Adobe Flash support, HDMI audio/video output, and up to 6 hours of battery life.Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving the HTC EVO 4G the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. Sprint 4G network coverage is expected to reach 120 million people by the end of 2010.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Powered by the Android 2.1 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube , and syncing with Google Calendar
- Access to Google Goggles to search with pictures instead of words. It works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels.
- Updated HTC Sense user experience includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates.
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- 4.3-inch capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash
- Capture HD-quality video (720p)
- HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via HDMI cable (sold separately)
- Forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for making video calls. Two-way voice and video capability will be available as an upgrade to the preloaded Qik app on HTC EVO 4G to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (8 GB card included).
- Digital audio player and FM radio
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo!
- Instant messaging via popular services including Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger.
- View documents including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF on the go to maximize your productivity
- Visual Voicemail gives you quick and easy access to just the messages you want to listen to by letting you go directly to a specific message, without needing to listen to or skip past previous messages.
- Full HTML Web browser
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Built-in kickstand for hands-free viewing
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
The HTC EVO 4G weighs 6 ounces and measures 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.5 inches. It comes with a large-capacity, 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery with up to 6 hours of battery life. It runs on Sprint’s 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.HTC EVO 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual.This 4G phone offers a rich mobile Internet experience with a fully integrated suite of services built on the Android 2.1 platform. It operates on 3G and 4G networks and features a large touch screen, blazing-fast processor, two cameras, mobile hotspot capability and more.