We already reported that Motorola Droid will officially get android 2.2 Froyo blessing this summer.
But, some handful of users has already reported to have it on their handsets and it appears now, that the Froyo version hitting those devices has been leaked as build FRF84B. Root is included and has a custom kernel.
The Android 2.2 ROM is much faster than Android 2.1 and almost 2 to five times faster than 2.1 eclair. There are many other useful features that come with android 2.2 update apart from flash 10.1, native internet tethering, and application manager. You might like to visit here for feature list of android 2.2Froyo.
How to Flash or install android 2.2 Froyo FRF84B on Motorola Droid
1. Download FRF84B-Released.zip file and place at the root of your SD card.
2. Open ROM Manager and choose “Install ROM from SD card.
3. Navigate to the location you just downloaded the file to
4. Click on the file
5. Check the box to create a backup to be on safer side.
6. No need to wipe data and cache if coming from another Froyo ROM
7. Allow your phone to boot into recovery and work some magic
8. First reboot could take a while so be patient
Download Android 2.2 Froyo build FRF84B for Motorola DROID
All download links for all files with complete set of installation steps are available.