Samsung’s LTE-enabled Droid Charge coming to Verizon on April 28th for $300 on contract and with consumers then able to grab a 4.3-inch AMOLED Plus display, rear-facing 8 megapixel camera, a 1.3 megapixel front-facing shooter, 1GHz processor, Android 2.2 and LTE support………..
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced that the Droid Charge by Samsung will be available April 28 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.The Droid Charge is designed with Samsung’s 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, setting a new touch screen standard for brightness, clarity and outdoor visibility. The Droid Charge is equipped with both a rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with LED flash and front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for both stills and video chatting. The smartphone’s 1GHz application processor and HTML 5 Web browser maximizes high-speed 4G LTE connectivity for faster downloads and graphics processing. The Droid Charge by Samsung will be available for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.Droid Charge customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Unlimited 4G LTE data packages start at $29.99 monthly access. Mobile hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.
- 4G LTE– customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- Android 2.2 platform – With support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to more than 150,000 apps available to download from Android Market
- Adobe Flash Player compatible
- Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
- Samsung Media Hub – Samsung’s own content service, offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard featuring Swype Technology