Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone has just arrived In AT&T. Redefining the premium multimedia experience via the thinnest, biggest, and brightest smartphone yet from Samsung, the Infuse 4G connects to AT&T’s ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network and features a brilliant 4.5-inch screen with next-generation Super AMOLED Plus technology. Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor and the Android 2.2 platform. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
- 1.2 GHz processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display reproduces sharper and brighter colors with improved visibility in bright light (480 x 800 pixels).
- HDMI output via adapter connected to USB port
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- 8-megapixel rear camera with auto-focus LED flash, digital zoom, smile detection technology, multi-shot capabilities, and more
- 1.3-megapixel front camera for easy video chats
- HD video capture (1280 x 720 pixels for native HD 720p resolution at 30 fps)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB included microSD card
- Organizer tools including calculator, world clock, stopwatch, countdown timer, and memo
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T’s HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T’s 4G service below
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices–from tablets to gaming devices–to the phone’s 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.2 OS (Froyo)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
With AT&T’s 4G network, you’ll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T’s already fast mobile broadband network. You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone–enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone’s mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan).
The Infuse 4G includes an 8-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots HD 720p video with incredible detail, and a front facing camera is perfect for self portraits or video chat. With Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, you’ll be able to connect to home and office networks using the latest technology for super speedy downloads.
Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 16 GB internal memory, an included 2 GB microSD memory card, wide compatibility with music and video files, HTML web browser with support for Adobe Flash, access to personal and corporate e-mail, HDMI connectivity (via microUSB port), and up to 8.8 hours of talk time.
Samsung’s Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub’s progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Infuse 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account. And the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold will include a $25 voucher for consumers to get started on downloading content from Media Hub.
In collaboration with Rovio, the Infuse 4G is pre-loaded with a special edition of Angry Birds. Players can unlock a special “Golden Egg” level of the game, and once the special level is completed, you can register to win Samsung prizes exclusive to Infuse 4G users.
The Infuse 4G is also compatible with the U-verse Mobile and U-verse Live TV services (additional charges applicable). Additionally, the included 2 GB microSD card with preloaded trailers for upcoming summer movies.
Keep tabs on the people that matter most in your life with AT&T’s JustUs app for Android. The app combines both social media and text activity from five favorite contacts into an animated wallpaper that appear right on your home screen. You’ll see messages, photos and updates from your friends’ Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can download the app for free via the Android Market.
The Samsung Infuse 4G weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 5.15 x 2.77 x 0.36 inches. Its 1750 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.8 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 4G network (850/1900/2100 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
Android Operating System
The Infuse 4G runs the latest Android operating system–OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)–which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You’ll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Infuse 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Infuse 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word “quick” was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T’s dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you’ll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband–up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T’s cell towers with AT&T’s backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T’s 3G or 4G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
The Infuse 4G also comes pre-loaded with a version of Angry Birds with an exclusive hidden level plus a $25 credit to download movie content from Samsung Media Hub (available to the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold).