Verizon officially confirmed that it will offer the Samsung Galaxy Nexus later this year and the arrier did not announce an exact release date or pricing at this time, but Samsung and Google said last week at the unveiling event that the smartphone would start shipping in the US, as well as parts of Asia and Europe, in November. The Galaxy Nexus model showed off in Hong Kong supported the technologies used by AT&T and T-Mobile and Samsung obviously designed an additional model that takes advantage of the CDMA and LTE networks used by Verizon. Samsung Galaxy Nexus sports a 4.65-inch HD sAMOLED touch-screen display with 1280-by-720 resolution and it’s 8.94 millimeters thin with a 4.29-millimeter bezel and runs a 1.2-GHz, dual-core application processor………………….
Verizon Wireless announced that the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, the world’s first smartphone running on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to Verizon Wireless. The Galaxy Nexus will be available later this year in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Ice Cream Sandwich brings a redesigned user interface with enhanced multitasking, notifications, full Web browsing experience and more. Customers will also be able to enjoy the innovative new features that Ice Cream Sandwich offers, such as Face Unlock which uses facial recognition to unlock the Galaxy Nexus. Customers can take advantage of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network to access more than 300,000 apps and games from Android Market or rent movies and stream them instantly on the 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display. Customers that purchase the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Features:
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage areas
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- First smartphone to feature a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display (1280 x 720)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor with 1GB RAM
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash, zero shutter lag and 1080p full HD video capture
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- Near Field Communications (NFC) enabled
- Android Beam allows customers to quickly share Web pages, apps and YouTube™ videos with friends by simply tapping compatible phones together
- Support for Google mobile services – Android Market, Gmail, Google Maps 5.0 with 3D maps, Google Earth, Movie Studio, YouTube, syncing with Google Calendar and a redesigned Google app