The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 is a very powerful digital camera that’s extremely compact and has a design that’s bright and stylish. The 14.1 megapixel camera has a standard 28mm wide-angle lens but an astonishing 8X optical zoom accompanied with an Intelligent Auto feature makes shooting in different environments that much easier….
Panasonic has announced the new 14mp Panasonic Lumix FH20 (aka FS30) and FH22 (aka FS33) with 8x optical zoom lens, and the 14mp FH3 (aka FS11) and 12mp FH1 (aka FS10) with 5x optical zoom lens. The cameras all feature 28mm wide angle lenses, 720p HD video recording, a 2.7″ screen, face detection, and optical image stabilisation. Encased in a brushed metal-finished panel, the FH20 / FS30 will be available in silver, black, red and violet models for £155. The LUMIX FH3 and FH1 will be available in silver and black. The FS33 is the same as the FS30 but adds a 3″ touchscreen, and is available for £159.
Which includes the 14.1 megapixel Panasonic Lumix DMC FH20 digital camera. The Panasonic FH20 is a slim, pocketable camera that packs a 28mm wide-angle lens with 8x optical zoom. The new Panasonic Lumix camera can record High Definition video and is extremely easy to use thanks to iA (Intelligent Auto). The camera is compatible with Windows 7 and can take HD-quality still photos that fill a 16:9 HDTV. Users with a Panasonic Viera HDTV can enjoy a slideshow of photos simply by inserting an SD Memory Card into the HDTV’s SD memory card image viewer slot.
With the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20, consumers will be thrilled to see a small, easy-to-use digital camera that does not compromise on quality or advanced features. The step-up Panasonic DMC-FH20 will be attractive for sophisticated digital camera users who want a longer zoom, perhaps to take photos of their kids playing sports,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company.
Unlike SLR models, the digital camera uses the iA mode instead of excess camera settings to reduce blurred scenes and create clear photographs. Along with being a great camera for pictures, the Panasonic Lumix FH20 also records HD video and can take high definition-quality photo stills that can be viewed on an HDTV. Like the rest of company’s series, the compact digital camera is compatible with Windows 7.
The Panasonic Lumix FH20 camera features High Definition (HD) 720p motion jpeg video recording capabilities. By recording 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480), the Lumix DMC-FH20 makes it easy to view videos on a PC or upload it seamlessly to YouTube with the bundled PHOTOfunSTUDIO version 5.0 software.
The Panasonic Lumix FH20 includes the Venus Engine IV image processor, which features advanced signal processing technology to produce a fast response time. The shutter release time lag is approximately 0.006 second. The Auto Focus can lock on the subject in minimum 0.35 second.
Panasonic Lumix FH20 camera features:
Other features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 digital camera include:
• Quick Setting – Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, White Balance – to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There’s no need to open several menu screens to adjust them – the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
• Scene Modes: Baby, Pet and Sports modes let the user choose the setting and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
• Photo Frame: Put attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
• My Scene – Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best, so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode.
• Macro Zoom – Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom, and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
• SDXC Computability – Compatible with SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 48 GB and 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards – to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
• Battery Life – Can take up to 300 images on a single battery charge.
I’m typically reticent to recommend a camera to a huge variety of users. Most cameras, no matter how good they are, work best for certain niche groups. Some are gorgeously designed and take great pictures, but are confusing to operate and should be avoided by novices. Some are loaded with intimidating technical features that make them iffy gifts for older relatives or children. Others are so fragile that anyone who’s slightly rough on their camera would break them.
Pricing and availability for the Panasonic Lumix FH20 will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. Encased in a brushed metal-finished panel, the Panasonic FH20 will be available in silver, black, red and violet models.