ASUS has just bring Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer. With a slim, lightweight design and a 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive display made from durable and scratch-resistant glass that is viewable at angles up to 178°, the versatile Eee Pad Transformer is the perfect tablet for anyone who want to enjoy multimedia on the move, but still wish to have easy access to the web, email, and other productivity applications. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more detail bellow.
- 10.1″ WSVGA (1280×800) IPS Capacitive LED Touchscreen; Android 3.0 Operating System
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU; 1GB of DDR2 SDRAM, 1 slot, 1GB Max; 16GB Internal Flash Memory; Wireless 802.11bgn; Bluetooth 2.1
- Mini HDMI Port; Micro SD Card Slot; 1.2MP (front) and 5.0MP (rear) Webcam
- GPS; Gravity Sensor; E-Compass; Light Sensor; Gyroscope; 24.4W/h Lithium Polymer Battery (Up to 9.5 Hours Battery Life)
- 40-Pin Docking Port for Optional Keyboard (Keyboard Not included)/Docking Station (Model Name: TF101 DOCKING)
- Operating System: Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) Platform
- Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive multi touch display built with durable and scratch-resistant glass; 178° viewing angle(1280 x 800)
- Chipset: NVIDIA Tegra 2 Mobile Processor
- Memory: 1GB DDR2
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Storage: 16GB eMMC Flash (Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (functionality requires future software upgrade)
- Camera: 1.2 megapixel (Front); 5.0 Megapixel (Rear)
- Speakers: SRS Sound
- Card Reader: Micro SD Card Reader
- Input / Output: 1 x Mini HDMI, 2-in-1 audio jack (head phone/mic-in jack), internal mic
- Battery Pack: 24.4 W/h Li-polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours)1
- Dimensions: 10.67″ x 6.89″ x 0.47″ –inches (W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.5lbs
- Color: Espresso
Breaking the mold, an optional keyboard docking station designed especially for the Eee Pad Transformer transforms your tablet into PC mode with a 92% sized QWERTY keyboard with unique Android Function (Fn) keys for added convenience.
Featuring all of the connectivity you’d expect in your notebook, the Eee Pad Transformer comes complete with 2 USB 2.0 ports, a headphone audio jack and a 4-in-1 card reader when used with the optional docking station. Also to keep you unplugged longer without interruption, the optional keyboard docking station adds an additional 6.5 hours of battery life, allowing the Eee Pad Transformer to last up to an astounding 16 hours.
When Android meets Tegra
Designed specifically with tablets in mind, the Android Honeycomb 3.0 operating system provides you with optimized features and functions such as multi-touch and a holographic interface that allows you to access widgets and shortcuts with ease. Get refined multitasking, rich notifications, Home screen customization, widgets, and more. And experience the web with Adobe Flash 10.21 for added convenience.
Other Android Features:
Five customizable Home screens give users instant access to all parts of the system from any context. Each screen offers a large grid that maintains spatial arrangement in all orientations. Users can select and manipulate Home screen widgets, app shortcuts, and wallpapers using a dedicated visual layout mode. Visual cues and drop shadows improve visibility when adjusting the layout of shortcuts and widgets. Each Home screen also offers a familiar launcher for access to all installed applications, as well as a Search box for universal search of apps, contacts, media files, web content, and more.
Multitasking is central to the Android 3.0 experience. As users launch applications to handle various tasks, they can use the Recent Apps list in the System Bar to see the tasks underway and quickly jump from one application context to another. To help users rapidly identify the task associated with each app, the list shows a snapshot of its actual state when the user last viewed it.
The Android soft keyboard is redesigned to make entering text fast and accurate on larger screen sizes. The keys are reshaped and repositioned for improved targeting, and new keys have been added, such as a Tab key, to provide richer and more efficient text input. Users can touch-hold keys to access menus of special characters and switch text/voice input modes from a button in the System Bar.
When entering or viewing text, a new user interface lets users quickly select a word by press-hold and then adjust the selection area as needed by dragging a set of bounding arrows to new positions. Users can then select an action from the Action Bar, such as copy to the clipboard, share, paste, web search, or find.
NVIDIA Tegra 2, world’s first mobile super chip, brings the fastest, most visually-rich tablet experience ever seen. The Eee Pad Transformer takes full advantage of this mobile dual-core processor, providing extreme multitasking capability with the best web experience – up to two times faster browsing, hardware accelerated Flash, and NVIDIAGeForce gaming.
Experience the wonders of video chat and crisp digital photography with front (1.2MP) and rear (5MP) facing cameras, which can be played back in video on HDTVs via a mini HDMI output port. Built in SRS Sound technology also provides a dynamic 3D stereo audio experience with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the built-in speakers.
ASUS’ Waveshare Interface hosts a variety of unique applications that help you easily launch software, manage content and access online services and connect devices with a few simple taps.