Cisco Cius android tablet is bringing its high-def corporate communications skills to AT&T and AT&T Foundry division will make business-friendly apps for the device.AT&T will be bringing out the tablet on their 4G network in Fall and for hardware specifications the 7-inch Cius will features dual cameras (one front and one rear), 32GB of built-in storage and also an HSPA+ compliant radio along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support……….
AT&T announced plans to offer the Cisco Cius to its business customers. The Cisco Cius is an ultra-portable mobile tablet that enables access to essential business applications for virtually anywhere, anytime collaboration. Cisco expects the Cius to be available for AT&T’s HSPA+ network in the fall of 2011.“We are mobilizing the day to day activities of our business and government customers, helping them act quicker for maximum agility and profitability,” said Shawn Conroy, vice president of voice, collaboration and unified communications services, AT&T Business Solutions. “The Cisco Cius further extends our leading portfolio of enterprise mobility devices, and this is the latest example of our commitment to helping organizations of all sizes increase business velocity.”The Cisco Cius, which can be used with AT&T‘s world class network and strong portfolio of unified communication services and applications, is specifically designed to meet business enterprise needs. It empowers businesses with the critical communications, computing, and collaboration capabilities that they need to be productive whether employees are in the office or working remotely. These capabilities include access to key business applications, including interoperable HD video communications, conferencing, presence, instant messaging, and desktop virtualization, among others.
Through AT&T Foundry innovation centers, AT&T and Cisco are jointly collaborating with 3rd party developers to create innovative and intuitive business applications for the Cisco Cius. The developers’ program provides invited developers with a unique opportunity to bring new mobile business applications to market. The program aims to accelerate the velocity of apps development to enhance the experience of AT&T Cius customers. The AT&T Foundry initiative facilitates innovation through a diverse, collaborative community supported by a network of strategic technology companies.Sporting a 7-inch, high-resolution, multi-capacitive touch screen, the Cisco Cius is ultra-lightweight, portable, and easily fits into a suit pocket or small bag. In the office, the Cisco Cius rests in an optional High Definition media station in support of wired connectivity for a full desktop experience. On the go, the tablet supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and mobile broadband networks, including AT&T’s HSPA+ network. Users can send e-mails, message and browse the Web, as well as create, edit, share and store content locally on the device or centrally in the cloud. Voice and video calls are supported in wired environments.
Because the Cisco Cius can deliver a rich and mobile computing, communications, and collaboration experience, businesses can consolidate the number of devices employees need. Additionally, access to business applications on the Cisco Cius can be open or controlled, depending on the business organization’s preference.“Business professionals today demand mobile devices that combine communication, collaboration, and a powerful computing solution,” said Steve Slattery, vice president and general manager, IP Communications business unit, Cisco. “The Cisco Cius united with AT&T’s world-class network helps provide just the interaction and information they need to fundamentally change how employees go about their work.”
- Operating System: Android OS
- Apps: AT&T, Cisco and Android apps
- Flash Support: Yes
- Multitasking: Yes
- Screen: 7-inch, multi-touch widescreen color display
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600
- Camera: Dual front and rear facing cameras
- Ports: micro-USB (tablet); – standard USB (HD media station)
- Navigation: GPS
- Storage: 32 GB internal flash
- Wireless: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G
- Dimensions: 8.85 x 5.5 x 0.59 in. (225 x 140 x 15 mm)
- Weight: 1.15lbs (0.52kg)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 3G/4G data and Bluetooth 3.0 help employees stay connected and mobile.
- HD video (720p) with Cisco TelePresence solution interoperability for lifelike video communication with the simplicity of a phone call
- Virtual desktop client enables highly secure access to cloud-based business applications
- Android operating system, with access Android marketplace applications
- Collaboration applications including Cisco Quad, Presence, IM and integrated, one-click access to WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco Compatible Extensions (CCX) powered wireless communications device, optimized to work with a Cisco Unified Wireless LAN infrastructure
- 7” diagonal, high-resolution color screen with contact-based touch targets delivers an elegant, intuitive experience
- HD media station supports Bluetooth and USB peripherals, 10/100/1000 wired connectivity and a handset option
- Detachable and serviceable 8-hour battery for a full day of work
- Highly secure remote connections with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- HD audio with wideband support (tablet, HD media station)