LeapFrog brings tablet computing to kids with LeapPad Explorer and ooks a little more durable than your iPad.LeapPad Explorer multifunctional learning tablet will be able to usher in the next generation of learning, digital reading and personal creativity for children ages four and up, where it will hit global English markets this summer……..
LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. announced LeapPad Explorer a multifunctional learning tablet that ushers in the next generation of learning, digital reading and personal creativity for children ages four and up, available beginning summer 2011 in global English markets. LeapPad Explorer builds off the success of 2010’s Educational Toy of The Year Award winner, Leapster Explorer and is designed to change the way kids learn and play.LeapPad Explorer is just like an adult tablet, but with endless fun experiences for kids, housed in a durable package. The new device combines the latest technology, educational curricula and entertainment properties.
LeapFrog brings to the table (or the back seat) what parents seek and kids crave:
- Breadth of Learning: The largest-ever learning library at launch: 100+ learning games, videos, e-Books, flash cards and more, featuring kid’s favorite characters. Compatible with the entire existing Leapster Explorer library.
- Education: Curriculum covers everything from spelling, phonics skills and mathematics to creativity, science, music, geography and more. Included stylus also lets kids practice writing.
- Creativity: The first kids tablet with built-in camera, video recorder, microphone and animation studio allows for creative exploration that can be shared with family and friends.
- Personalization: Automatically adjusts the learning across experiences so kids can learn at their own pace.
- Engagement: Tilt-sensor for game control and 5″ brilliant color, finger-touch screen create an interactive experience that puts kids in the middle of the action.
- Durability: Though sleek and thin, LeapPad Explorer can withstand roughhousing and is designed for little hands.
As with all LeapFrog reading experiences, LeapPad Explorer can help kids learn vocabulary, phonics skills nd improve reading comprehension, but it also features interactive elements such as embedded games and animated stories to make reading even more fun.LeapPad Explorer inspires curious minds to imagine more with a complete suite of innovative creativity tools featuring the camera, video recorder and microphone that let children express themselves and share their unique creations with family and friends.
Kids can have fun building a strong learning foundation with phonics skills, mathematics, and spelling, and then take learning beyond the basics to geography, world languages, music, creativity, science and life skills such as brushing their teeth. As children embark on new learning adventures, they also can practice their writing skills with step-by-step instructions and a child-sized stylus.With all LeapFrog products including LeapPad Explorer, parents can tune into their child’s progress and track achievements with the LeapFrog Learning Path. Available beginning summer 2011, LeapPad Explorer will be sold at MSRP $99.99, with downloadable applications priced at MSRP $7.50 and up and game cartridges at MSRP $24.99.