Velocity has made the Cruz Reader and Cruz Tablet available for pre-order.Innovative Ereader immediately for sale direct from CruzReader.com and select retailers, shipping in early September…..
We don’t need to explain in any great detail just how badly the world needs another e-reader and tablet option, but you’re wasting your time wishing for fewer selections. Case in point: Velocity Micro has just placed its Cruz Reader and Cruz Tablet up for pre-order at Borders, with both units boasting 7-inch displays and seductive price points.
Velocity Micro, the premier builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces immediate presales for the captivating Cruz Reader on Borders.com, NewEgg.com, and CruzReader.com. In addition to these presale opportunities, Cruz products will also be available at most major electronics and consumer products stores nationwide starting in September.
We’ve spent nearly one year designing and refining the Cruz Reader to make it both remarkable and affordable,” said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. “We’re excited to see that hard work coming to fruition. We know the marketplace will be as well, due to the tremendous interest and support we have received from our customers and numerous retail partners. We’ve combined the color screen and functionality of a tablet with the affordability and portability of an e-reader, which is exactly what the market is craving.
Key specs and features include:
· Crystal clear 4:3 ratio, 800×600 full color touch screen display – ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, plus web pages and movies
· Google Android 2.0 Operating System
· 802.11b/g wifi and full Web browser support
· 720p High res video and high quality audio playback with no proprietary content restrictions
· Built-in Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Alarm Clock and many other useful apps
· Built in accelerometer for easy viewing from any angle
· USB and SD card slot for upgradable storage, including 4GB SD card
· Up to 10 hours of use and over 36 hours of standby time, with a replaceable battery
· Access to over 2 Million ebooks via included Borders E-book library portal application
· Enough storage for over 1000 books
The Reader is going for $199.99 and should ship out by the end of next month, while the Tablet is $100 more and could be at your doorstep a fortnight before Halloween. Hit the source link if you’re in desperate need of a specifications reminder, but be sure and hide that credit card if you’re looking to avoid any and all impulse buys.