Tobii PCEye brings hands-free control to any PC and can’t see eye-to-eye with Macs.Tobii PCEye is a USB device that uses a VESA mount to hang below LCDs sized between 15- to 20-inches.The new Tobii PCEye is an easy to use, stand-alone eye-tracking device that can be used with most personal computers and it is quick to set up, highly accurate and provides total control of your computer using only your eyes………
Tobii announced the release of the Tobii PCEye, the most advanced stand-alone eye control device on the market, bringing eye control to the standard computer. It is easy to use, highly accurate and portable. It is compatible with a wide range of software for total access to any personal computer.Tobii PCEye flawlessly translates eye movement to a mouse cursor on a screen. It is primarily designed for those needing an alternative method for controlling a mouse and a computer, such as individuals suffering from impaired motor skills. By simply attaching the device to a computer screen and connecting the USB cable, users can control their entire computer through gazing, blinking or dwelling on an item with their eyes.“Ease of use, reliability and outstanding performance were our design goals for the PCEye,” says Oscar Werner, Executive Vice President at Tobii Assistive Technology. “I believe that we have created a device that satisfies a very important need – those with high cognitive levels and motor skill impairments now have the computer access they need to lead a more independent life.”
Representing a breakthrough for education leaders and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) users, Tobii PCEye now offers eye tracking to a wider range of users.”The PCEye offers a solution for the most disabled children I work with,” says Lee Blemings, founder of Sensory Guru. “For the first time ever, children who can only move their eyes will play physical computer games alongside their able-bodied peers. It is a truly groundbreaking product.””With Tobii PCEye we can proudly reach out to new, not yet serviced user groups with our AAC products,” says Tara Rudnicki, president of Tobii Assistive Technology. “We have already seen massive interest from the Stroke, MND and ALS communities, people in different rehab situations, military veterans, people suffering from progressive muscle weakness or neurodegenerative disorders and education institutions. We are also overwhelmed by the attention we have received from the development community to extend into AAC eye games.””To have an eye gaze system in our school that will enable our young people to access all software independently will promote independence, learning and self esteem,” says Simon Yeat, head teacher at Chailey Heritage School.The PCEye utilizes Tobii‘s leading experience in eye tracking technology, as it can effectively track nearly every user regardless of eye color, lighting conditions, environments or head movement. The “track box”, the box that defines the area/volume in which a person’s eyes can be tracked, is also one of the largest on the market.
- Fast and simple, one-time calibration: Calibration typically takes between 5-20 seconds to complete and automatically provides visual feedback on the quality of calibration. Furthermore, calibration is one-time meaning you can turn of your computer or leave the tracking box without loosing your personal settings.
- Works with any Dual Core or greater PC: The Tobii PCEye is compatible with all Microsoft Windows based technology. It attaches via USB and after simple software installation process it can be used to run any application immediately.
- A portable eye tracker: Attaching and detaching to any 15-20” screens is easy with the included free VESA magnetic mounting system. The Tobii PCEye is small, lightweight, easy to travel with and comes with a free travel case.
- Built-in processor boosts performance: The built in processor ensures that you can use many applications at the same time without affecting the speed and performance of your computer – something unique to Tobii eye tracking devices.
- Bright & Dark Pupil tracking: Advanced eye tracking technology ensures that over 95% of users will be tracked regardless of your eye color, lighting conditions, head movements, glasses or contact lenses.
- Compatible with an extensive range of software: The Tobii PCEye brings eye tracking to the standard computer and opens up the potential for a huge amount of eye tracking enabled applications. For example, the Tobii PCEye is compatible with: Tobii Communicator, The Grid 2, Wizkeys Plus (ready-made on-screen keyboard) and many more.
- Multiple calibration profiles: Tobii PCEye is perfect for a classroom environment as many user calibration settings can be saved and accessed at any time.
- A large track box: With one of the largest track boxes on the market, Tobii PCEye supports a wide range of movement, including involuntary head movement without loosing accuracy, or interrupting the eye tracking session.