The Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i is an iPod dock with a difference, in that it has all the ingredients to make it a decent home-based system, but it also includes a rechargeable battery that will give you 8 hours of playback without being connected to the mains.
The S715i has eight custom tuned drivers that give the dock’s speakers “crisp high notes” and “deep bass”. Two of the drivers are 3-inch laser-tuned neodymium drivers to work on the mid-ranges. Two are 0.5-inch neodymium tweeters for the high notes, and the other four are 2-inch passive radiators for the bass.
According to the boys from Cali, the $149.99 S715i “sounds like a beast” with 8 custom-designed, laser-tuned speaker drivers that deliver “next generation,” “professionally tuned acoustics” capable of “filling a room” with “bold sound.”
There are a few specs:
• Eight custom-designed drivers separate sound frequencies, so you hear crisp, clear high notes, a rich, full mid-range and deep powerful bass.
• Rechargeable battery lets you enjoy your tunes at home or on the go for up to eight hours.
• Wireless remote control gives you access to important functions like power, volume, play, pause, shuffle, skip and repeat from up to 30 feet (10 meters) away.
• Trayless dock works with any iPhone or iPod with a Universal Dock Connector.
• Made for iPod and iPhone means you can play and charge your iPhone and any iPod model with a Universal Dock Connector.
• Auxiliary input lets you connect other portable music players through a standard 3.5 mm jack.
The Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in August for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.).