Research In Motion (RIM), makers of the world’s most creative smartphone and tablet, BlackBerry and PlayBook have official made available the newest flavor of BlackBerry Messenger taking the version upgrade to 6.0, rolling in a wide range of new features. All BlackBerry Beta Zone users can now download the mobile application tagged as version 22.214.171.124, being a beta release in a move to give users the taste of what the company plans for the software in the coming days. First look at the mobile app delivers a few major changes when compared to BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.
BlackBerry Messenger 6.0 Features:
1. Updated BBM branding
2. More “snappy” and responsive feel
3. Visual distinction of message drafts vs. sent messages
4. Any alerts set for SMS contacts are now preserved in BBM once an SMS contact is integrated with BBM
5. Invite a Text Messaging Contact — it’s now easier to search contacts
6. Location Search — you can now search for a location before sending, similar to the Location – Search experience via SMS
7. Location Sending — you can now detect your location with cell tower triangulation or GPS
8. Appointment Sending – sending appointment or calendar events is now a similar experience to that of sending an appointment via SMS
For those, who wish on trying the newer version of the BlackBerry Messenger should sign into their accounts and sign up at the official page to receive it. Previous reports had suggested on the Messenger’s non-availability over other mobile operating systems but RIM has now officially confirmed on making it available on Android and iPhone.