In this post i’ll give you the complete step by step guideline to install the leaked version of Android 2.2 (Froyo) on your Droid X.Guy over My Droid World has gotten their hands dirty on the Droid X Froyo release. Being a leaked OTA upgrade in the update.zip format, it will upgrade the baseband.
The steps are given below.
Download the update.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. It is important to note that this is not a ROM or a port and you must be rooted already if you want to be rooted after the upgrade.
Download Android 2.2 Froyo for the Droid X.
In order to fix logwrapper issue when trying to install the leaked Android 2.2 update for the Droid X, follow the simple steps below.
* Open Root Explorer and navigate to the System folder
* Navigate to the Bin folder and tap the button in the upper right corner to mount RW (This lets you edit files in there)
* Scroll down and delete the files ‘hijack’ and ‘logwrapper’ (Just long press and delete it).
* Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper (Just long press and Rename it)
* Tap the button in the upper right to mount as RO again.
* Reboot into recovery and apply the update!
Turn-off your Droid X phone.
Boot into recovery (Hold the Home key and Power button simultaneously)
When a triangle with exclamation mark appears, release buttons and press the Search key.
Using the volume up/down button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip.”
Once highlighted, press the camera button to apply the update.zip.
Your phone will work some magic and if finished correctly will say “Successful.”
Scroll back up to “Reboot system.”
That’s all.It can be mentioned that Android 2.2 is much faster than Android 2.1 and almost 2 to five times faster than 2.1. There are tons of other features that will be accompanied in android 2.2 update apart from flash 10.1, native internet tethering, and application manager.
| « Previous
Animated (Live) HD Wallpapers for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G and iPod touch(Video)
| Next »
Steps to Install Five-Column SpringBoard jailbreak app on Your Jailbroken iPhone