website statistics
A New York based startup, Limited Run, has claimed that 80% of the clicks on Facebook ads are from bots. Hence, it pulled its campaign from the social network.

What new Apple device you are getting?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Rate This)

Facebook’s chief source of revenue is the ads it features on its pages. Marketers are charged based on the clicks they get on the ads from Facebook users. However, a New York based startup, Limited Run, has come up with a very startling revelation that puts the social giants ad business in question. According to the startup, 80% of ad clicks on Facebook are bot generated. Sounds like a scam, right?

Limited Run posted a detailed message on their Facebook page which stated the issue. The New York based company was testing the Facebook ad system before adopting it in full-scale. It bought ad space in Facebook and started gathering the analytics about the campaign.

The first thing the team noticed was that they could verify only 20% of the clicks on their ads. This was rather strange because Facebook was charging them for every single click. So the company tried to dig deeper and found out more about the rest of the 80% clicks.

Once they dug deeper, they found out that JavaScript ( a prototype-based scripting language) was disabled on these 80% non-verifiable clicks. This was quite perplexing because normally, only 1 to 2% people have JavaScript disabled on their machines. The problem was, only such users who had JavaScript enabled on their devices could be verified. Without JavaScript, a click generated on an ad was simply unverifiable.

Once Limited Run team found this out, they tried different analytics software to see if the problem persists. All software displayed the same results. 80% ad clicks were being generated from unverifiable users.

Eventually, the developers at the company decided to build their own software to know what was going on. Once the results from this custom-built software came in, the team was pretty shocked. Results showed that 80% of the clicks generated on their ads were from bots.

However, Limited Run team did not accuse Facebook of running bots or a scam. But it pulled off its campaign.

If the stats revealed by Limited Run are true, then that could destroy the ad business of Facebook. This would also mean that the entire revenue structure of the social network has turned into a scam, unwillingly.

Courtesy: Naked Capitalism

Twitter Can Tell When Will You Get Sick

Apple Bags Patent For Wild 3D Gesturing
You can also press the left/right arrow key on your keyboard to go to previous/next post
  On August 2, 2012(3 years, 2 months ago.)

You May Also Like:

Recent Products

Buy Now | Compare  
Buy Now | Compare  
Buy Now | Compare  
Buy Now | Compare  

What Do You Think?

Loading Facebook Comments ...

FTC Disclosure: Some of the links of this website are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.

Recent Search

Recent Tutorials

Now you can set custom ringtones to individual skype contacts on android. It's easy to setup. Take a look.
Now you can install Microsoft's Cortana on Android devices. It's pretty easy to install. Follow the steps below, check the screenshot.
Want to install Android lollipop 5.0.2 on pc? This post is for you. It's pretty easy to install and run. Just take a look.
With our partnership with Mode Media, we just got a jump start. Here is our first story of hand picked curated content on Android Tutorials.
Want to change theme on android ? We will show you how to change theme on android. It will makes your phone looks like new and smart.
You can record your screen on android very easily. No root Required. All you have to need a pc and USB cable. Let's find out.
A simple tutorial on how-to block a phone number on Android device, without an external app. Its pretty easy and straight-forward. Take a look.
Here we will show how to take Screenshot on your Apple Watch.
For too many people, the realization that they need to back up their photos and videos only comes when they misplace or break their smartphones and lose everything. Here we a report on possible solution and best tools.
Not sure if you are aware that your Wi-Fi Router Or Modem could be hacked too. Here we found a quick tips, how to check if your Router or Modem is hacked.
Close You Have To Login
Login With »Login With TwitterLogin With Facebook