Google announces new ways to discover apps on Android Market, more tools for developers and those include some newly revamped top app charts that promise to be “fresher” and country specific, a brand new Editors’ Choice section that highlights apps chosen by Google, a new Top Developers feature that places a special icon next to the name of developers that make the grade, improved related apps on individual app pages and, last but not least, a new trending apps section that shows the apps growing fastest in terms of daily installs………..
Google‘s Android Market has grown tremendously and has surpassed the 200,000-application mark recently, it’s becoming harder and harder for consumers to sort through these apps to find the best of the best and google had 4.5 billion applications installed to date. But with so many apps available, how do you find the ones you really want? Whether you’re looking for the most popular apps, hot new apps, or just the very best apps available.Google announce 5 new features for Android Market focused on helping you find apps you’ll love.
- New top app charts – Google revamped our top app charts to be fresher and country-specific, so you get the most current, relevant results. Also added top new free, top new paid, and top grossing lists, all right on the Android Market home page.
- Editors’ Choice – These are some of the very best apps available for Android, as chosen by the Android Market staff. They span everything from games to productivity and beyond.
- Top Developers – Google also recognizing those developers creating the highest quality, most popular and most notable apps available on Android Market. They’ll get a special icon on our Android Market website, appearing wherever the developer name is shown, starting for an initial set of over 150 developers.
- Better related apps – On the left side of an app page, you’ll now see two groups of related apps: apps frequently browsed by people who viewed this app and apps that people tend to install alongside this app. For example, people who view ScoreMobile, my favorite sports score app, often also view other sports score apps, while those who install ScoreMobile tend to also install apps for specific sports leagues or teams. We’ll also show you related apps once you decide to install an app.
- Trending apps – Finally, we’ve added a new section to the Android Market homepageshowing trending apps – those apps that are quickly growing in daily installs. Look here to stay ahead of the curve and find new apps as they get hot.
Google has also announced that it will be adding support for larger apps up to 4GB in June and it will be giving developers the ability to exclude specific devices to avoid compatibility problems or make multiple versions of an app available under a single Market listing complete with aggregated ratings and stats.Hope you find these features helpful as you explore the many greats apps available on Android Market, these new features are available now on http://market.android.com