Nikon Coolpix L22 is the most affordable budget digital camera.It’s a compact shooter and coolpix compact digital camera,which is ideal for care free shooting to making it easy for anyone in the family for take a great picture.L22 is a good starter camera or holiday camera for who don’t want risk losing their more expensive digital cameras…..
Make memories and share joy with Nikon’s new high-resolution Coolpix L22 and its 12.0 effective megapixels, 3.6x zoom and huge, bright 3.0-inch LCD. Nikon’s 3-way VR Image Stabilization System automatically detects subject movement and adjusts the shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and minimize image blur. The camera’s Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector simplifies your picture-taking experience by letting camera automatically select the best setting to get great pictures. Nikon’s Smart Portrait System will; fix red-eye, detect faces, fire the shutter when your subject smiles and warn you if they blink, to get you great portraits.
Combining the precision optics of a Nikkor lens with the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon’s innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept, the Coolpix L22 is a quality compact digital camera that combines high performance with outstanding operating ease. Intuitive and automated operation ensures carefree command over the high performance features of the Coolpix L22. Activated in Easy Auto Mode, Nikon’s Scene Auto Selector makes capturing special moments as easy as turning on the camera and shooting without worrying about any settings. Electronic VR image stabilization, Motion Detection, Nikon’s BSS (Best Shot Selector) function and ISO 1600 capability help ensure sharper results in lower light, or when capturing fast-moving subjects.
The Coolpix L22 is powered by AA size/R6 batteries, for the added advantage of being able to pick up a new set in virtually any corner of the world. The Coolpix L22 provides reassuring freedom from any worries about recharging or running out of power when a special shutter chance presents itself. The large high-resolution 3-inch LCD monitor offers a bright image that is a pleasure to view, even outdoors. Controls are sized and placed to ensure intuitive operation. For example, dedicated buttons on the back of the body make it easy to switch between shooting and playback modes. And the contours of the large thumb rest and the body itself assure a solid grip. Design is just one aspect of the Coolpix L22 that combines beauty and functionality.
Nikon’s smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon’s comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography.
Easy Auto Mode simplifies photography by taking control of settings; just turn on the camera and shoot freely. Activated in Easy Auto Mode, Nikon’s Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, making it faster and easier to capture the moment in beautiful fashion. The Coolpix L22 and L21 use this intelligent function to analyze the subject and its surrounding settings and automatically select the most appropriate scene mode to achieve optimal results.
Nikon’s Electronic VR image stabilization and Motion Detection compensate for subject movement as well as camera shake. Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
Automatically detecting as many as 12 faces in the shot, Face-priority AF helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smart Portrait Mode* helps to faithfully record precious moments by automatically releasing the shutter when the subject smiles. Blink Warning displays an alert when it suspects that a subject has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
When it comes to features the Nikon Coolpix camera is still all about keeping it simple, coming with a 12-megapixel CCD camera sensor and 3.6x optical zoom lens with a focal range 37-134mm, 35mm equivalent. In making the budget digital camera even easier to use, the L22 comes with Auto and Easy Auto modes, while also featuring image stabilisation, face, smile and motion detection, Nikon’s Best Shot Selector and a D-lighting feature to process images after capture. The L22 can also capture video in VGA (640×480 pixels) and QVGA (320×240 pixels) and there is no HD feature. The Nikon digital camera comes with no viewfinder and images are framed and reviewed using the device’s LCD screen.
Images produced by the Nikon Coolpix L22 are of acceptable quality, considering the camera’s price point. Colours come out satisfactorily, looking natural and vivid. Images also come out a little soft around the edges, but as the camera automatically reduces noise, softness does increase as the L22 will always attempt to use the highest ISO setting dependent on the particular scene. The Macro performance is good, with users being able to focus on objects as close as 5cm away, while the L22 also does fine in low-light conditions and at night.
Nikon Coolpix L22 Other Features:
- Macro shooting from as close as 5 cm (2 in.)
- ISO 1600
- 16 scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Two movie modes with sound
- Approx. 19 MB of internal memory
What in the Box:
- LR6/L40 (AA-size) alkaline batteries x2
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- AN-CP19 Strap
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM
- 12.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 3.6x Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range from 37mm to 134mm telephoto coverage that gets you close to the action while capturing expansive landscapes
- Big, Bright 3.0-inch LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with a wide-viewing angle and anti-glare coating
- Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector simplifies your picture-taking experience by letting the camera automatically select the best setting to get great picture
- High Quality TV Movies with Sound records 640×480 at 30fps movies for easy in camera playback or on your computer
- 3-way VR Image Stabilization System
1. Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
2. Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for cameras hake and subject movement
3. Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
- ISO up to 1600 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System includes:
1. Smart Portrait Mode makes sure you’ll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles.
2. Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
3. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again
4. Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 3 faces
- AA Batteries for ease of mind with long battery life plus easy, anywhere replacement
- 16 Scene Modes
- Macro shooting as close as 2”
- 5 Color Options for special filter effects. Choose from: standard color, vivid color, black-and-white, sepia and cyanotype
- EXPEED Image Processing ensures