The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 is a feature-packed, hybrid digital camera, combining a powerful 24x optical zoom and creative manual operations to offer photographers of all levels the opportunity to take crisp, artistic photos and High Definition (HD) videos. This 14.1-megapixel model features a 25mm ultra-wide angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens and a new image processing system which achieves high picture quality for both still images and videos. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 14.1-megapixel resolution; 24x optical zoom with 25mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens
- HD movies in AVCHD Lite format; 3.0-inch Intelligent LCD
- Intelligent Resolution technology for outstanding image clarity
- Intelligent Auto (iA) mode; new My Color mode
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
- Brand Name: Panasonic
- Model: DMC-FZ40K
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 14.1 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: CCD
- Optical zoom: 24 x
- Maximum Aperature Range: F/2.8-5.2
- Minimum focal length: 4.5 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 108 millimeters
- Lens Type: Zoom lens
- Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.33″
- Included Flash Type: Pop-up flash
- Display Size: 3 inches
- Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 80, ISO auto, ISO auto (1600-6400), ISO 1600
- Image types: JPEG
- Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
- Viewfinder Type: LCD
- Width: 4.7 inches
- Depth: 3.6 inches
- Height: 3.1 inches
- Weight: 16 Ounces
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Highlights
- 14.1-megapixel High-resolution CCD
- Images remain clear and sharp even when they are enlarged to A2 size (594 x 420mm). An A2 photo is large enough to show a newborn baby or the head and chest of an adult in actual size. Photos in ordinary sizes (127 x 89mm or 178 x 127mm) come out beautifully at 3 megapixels. You can trim the photos any way you want.
Intelligent Resolution technology
The Lumix FZ40 features Intelligent Resolution technology which leads to optimum signal processing, giving images outstanding natural clarity, specifically focusing on the finer details. The Sonic Speed Auto Focus (AF) and high-speed start-up found on the FZ40 are at the industry’s fastest level, helping users to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
Improved, intuitive manual and creative controls
The Lumix FZ40 has upgraded intuitive manual and creative controls including the new jog dial which helps to elevate the camera’s operability. The jog dial is a focus button which allows users to change settings quickly including shutter speed and aperture, depending on the shooting conditions. Additionally, the new My Color mode which has been popular on Lumix G Micro System cameras is available in both still and movie modes, and gives users creative freedom with a suite of options, including new Pin Hole, Film Grain, High Dynamic and High Dynamic B&W.
Intelligent Auto (iA) mode
Panasonic’s hallmark Intelligent Auto (iA) mode automatically selects the most suitable Scene mode and remembers previously-registered faces. And the intuitive system also includes POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.), featuring double the repression power compared to that of Panasonic’s previous image stabilization system, MEGA O.I.S. This system helps to eliminate blur resulting from hand-shake, a common problem when pressing the shutter button while taking photos or shooting video.
HD movies in AVCHD Lite
Users can now enjoy easy shooting of HD movies in AVCHD Lite with double the recording time in HD quality compared with the conventional Motion JPEG format. Additionally, a separate and dedicated button located on the top of the camera allows users to instantly begin recording in video mode–so switching between capturing still photos and video is quick and seamless.
- 32x Intelligent Zoom / 50.6x Extra Optical Zoom
- Intelligent Zoom is available with the DMC-FZ40 which extends the zoom ratio by approx. 1.3x maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 24x optical can virtually extend to 32x equivalent. Furthermore, the extra optical zoom function extends zoom power to 50.6x by using the center part of the large CCD to bring subjects even closer.
- Extended Battery Life
- The energy-saving Venus Engine HD II image processing engine and the efficient rechargeable lithium-ion battery work together to extend the shooting time of the DMC-FZ40. This lets you take approx. 580 shots on a single battery charge.
- Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) – Shake Detection
- Everyone has had an experience of taking a photo at night and hoping to capture all the memories and beauty, only to be disappointed at the poor result. Panasonic has worked on the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. The Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. You get bright photos without blurring even from handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds.
- Built-in Flash
- Select the flash synchronization you want from 1st Curtain Sync. or 2nd Curtain Sync. This is effective for capturing nightscapes with a natural flow of light. You can adjust the intensity within a range of +/- EV 2 in 1/3 EV steps, too
- 24x Optical Zoom When Shooting Movies
- The 24x optical zoom of the DMC-FZ40 lets you zoom up close to subjects that you can’t actually approach, even when shooting movies. This single camera will capture both photos and movies of wild animals in highly natural poses, dynamic sports scenes and countless other situations, exactly as you see them.
- Large, 3.0″, 230,000-dot High-resolution LCD
- The DMC-FZ40’s large 3.0″ LCD features a high 230,000-dot resolution, and a wide-viewing angle that lets you frame your shot in a variety of ways for both shooting and viewing. The Intelligent LCD function also automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions. This LCD provides sharp, clear images in virtually all shooting situations, ranging from nighttime to bright daylight scenes and from low-an
- 3.0-inch 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD with 100% field of view
- High energy efficiency which extends the battery life up to 580 shots (CIPA) per charge
- New Video Divide function with which users can separate a video they’ve shot into two sections to shorten or delete any unwanted parts
- Wind Cut function blocks out noise from background wind when shooting in video mode