The Mac mini with Lion Server is even more of a powerhouse, thanks to a new quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and ultrafast Thunderbolt technology. It also comes with OS X Lion, the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. And Mac mini with Lion Server now features a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor for incredible performance. But it’s as easy as ever to set up and run.This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Dual 500GB 7200-rpm hard drives
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion, 7 Hour Battery Life
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
- Number of Processors: 4
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: SDRAM
- Memory Slots: 2
- Size: 1000 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
Graphics and Display
- Graphics RAM: 256 MB
Ports and Connectivity
- USB Ports: 4
- FireWire Ports: 1
Cases and Expandability
- Weight: 4.85 pounds
This version of the Mac mini with Lion Server (model MC936LL/A) features a 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphics as well as 4 GB of RAM (expandable to 8 GB) and dual 500 GB hard drives. It comes pre-loaded with Apple’s Mac OS X Lion Server operating system.
OS X Lion Server
This Mac mini comes with OS X Lion Server, the latest release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. With over 250 features including Multi-Touch gestures, Mission Control, full-screen apps, and Launchpad, OS X Lion Server takes the Mac further than ever.
Key OS X Lion Server Features
- Mission Control provides a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac.
- Launchpad puts all your apps front and center for easy access.
- View apps full screen and switch between them with a swipe.
- Interact with your Mac using intuitive new Multi-Touch gestures.
- Ideal for any small business or group–retail shops, medical and law offices, classrooms, design studios, and more.
Serve It Up
The Mac mini with Lion Server is a great choice for sharing files, calendars, and e-mail amongst users in a workgroup or small business–whether it be on a Mac, an iPad, or an iPhone. It offers two 500 GB hard drives (for a 1 TB total), providing a wealth of storage for active files as well as backing up all your important data using Time Machine. And Lion Server is easy enough to run even by people who have never thought of running server software before.
Small Footprint, Excellent Versatility
The Mac mini with Lion Server features a precisely constructed unibody enclosure that even houses its own integrated power supply into the 7.7-inch square aluminum enclosure (that’s also 1.4 inches thin)–eliminating the need for an external power brick. Additionally, the Mac mini helps contain your environmental footprint with a 10 watt power consumption.
Despite its smaller size, the Mac mini with Lion Server offers a full range of ports for connecting to your existing peripherals–from keyboards and mice to external hard drives and displays (via the Thunderbolt and HDMI ports). And when you’re ready to add more memory, the Mac mini’s bottom removable panel makes the upgrade process a breeze.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the Mac mini with Lion Server, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain up to six high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI, and VGA displays.
- 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core processor (6 MB on-chip shared L3 cache) helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor (with 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- Dual 500 GB hard drives (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and cell phones.
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800 port
- Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution (compatible with Mini DisplayPort devices)
- HDMI audio/video output with support for up to 1920 x 1200-pixel resolution and multichannel audio output (included adapter for DVI output).
- Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
- Secure Digital memory card slot compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC media
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds
- OS X Lion
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- Lion Recovery
OS X Lion includes a built-in set of tools for repairing your Mac in the Recovery HD, a new feature that lets you repair disks or reinstall OS X Lion without a physical disc.
Limited Warranty And Service
The Mac mini comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
That’s all about the Apple Mac Mini MC936LL. This Mac Mini is available in Amazon.com. You can directly order or buy from here.