The 1TB Fusion F2 Portable eSATA Hard Drive Array from Sonnet is a high-capacity portable RAID that features two 7200rpm drives striped together in a hardware RAID 0 configuration. It connects to a computer via eSATA, requiring 2 available ports for operation. The drive is powered by your computer’s FireWire-400 bus, even though it does not transfer data via FireWire. Optional batteries are available for systems that lack FireWire.The drive is housed in a durable external casing that features passive cooling for quiet operation. It delivers transfer rates fast enough to play back multiple streams of high-definition video simultaneously, making it an ideal solution for editing on the go. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Ultra-Portable: Two 2.5″ SATA drives mounted side-by-side inside a 5.9 x 6.2 x 0.72″ aluminum case are bus-powered for the ultimate in portability
- Remarkably Fast: With its drives formatted as a RAID 0 volume, Fusion F2 delivers sustained data transfer rates up to 190MB/sec read and write, more than twice as fast as a pair of FireWire-800 drives
- Field Video Certified: With its SATA data interface, Fusion F2 is the perfect storage companion for a portable video capture system that may saturate a notebook’s FireWire bus
- Rugged and Reliable: Both drives are individually shock-isolated, virtually eliminating cross-coupled vibration, which, unchecked, can induce soft errors – a potential source of skipped frames
- Cool and Quiet: Because of its efficient fanless design, if not for the cool blue LEDs, you may not even know that Fusion F2 was running
It can be used with Windows, Mac and Linux computer systems.Remarkable Performance, Diminutive Package: Speed, reliability, ruggedness and convenience-these are the essential qualities of a storage system for on-location video capture.RAID to Go: Connected to a Sonnet Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 installed in a MacBook Pro and with its drives configured as a RAID 0 striped volume, the compact Fusion F2 is capable of up to 190MB/sec sustained read and write data transfers, fast enough to handle multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ). Compared to the slower 66MB/sec performance from a pair of drives connected via FireWire-800, the advantage is clear – Fusion F2 provides you the capability to capture and play more streams of compressed video for field editing.