Mozilla is currently readying an Alpha version of Fennec 2 for both Android and MeeGo.The latest iteration of the Firefox mobile browser is expected to include a number of new features and back-end changes, including the introduction of Electrolysis (a.k.a “e10s”) and an updated Layers platform……
[Yes], this works, but it is complicated and not as fast as we’d like. The new layers system will let us replace Fennec’s custom tile management with hardware-accelerated rendering and compositing built into the Firefox 4.0 platform.
Additional Fennec 2 features are slated to include:
- Integrated Firefox sync.
- Find In Page command available via the site menu.
- Link sharing through Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, email or native apps.
- Multi-touch gestures, such as pinch-zoom and swipe.
- Alert-bar notifications and new visual themes (Android).
- Improved APIs for add-on authors.