GAME PREVIEW – Darksiders: Wrath of War was one of biggest hits of 2010. Vigil Games and THQ announced back then that they were working on a parallel sequel of the game which was scheduled to release in 2012. The time has come my friends. Darksiders II will be released next month. The lead role of Darksiders II is Death, another Horseman of the Apocalypse and also the brother of War. The gamers must take the role of Death and explore vasterworld; fight most powerful and bigger enemies than the previous game; take out an action-packed journeyfull of thrill and adventures through the worlds.
The plot of the story of Darksiders II has been set in same time line as Darksiders: Wrath of War. After War had been sent to earth convicted as defector, Death and other Horsemen were informed about his fate. Death suspects it to be a conspiracy against his brother and set out on a personal mission to prove his brother’s innocence. Our story begins from here – Death travelling to Nether Realms for the sake of his brother.
The main characters of Darksiders II are –
- Death: Brother of War. Lead role of the game having extraordinary abilities and rage. Expert in close combat and weapon handling.
- Despair: Loyal steed of Death. Have unique combat ability in open world and have ability to travel faster between worlds.
- Dust: Death’s loyal sidekick. Help death to navigate and explore dangerous dungeons.
- The Charred Council: Serve as ancient keepers of balance—laws that govern the eternal struggle between Heaven and Hell.
- Crow father: Keeper of secret. Born of unknown race and mysterious origin.
Gameplay and Feature
- The game has been developed as a role playing (RPG) one just like the previous Darksiders game.
- The new game has access to mount steed near the beginning of game so that the gamers can take full advantages of combat and travel gameplay.
- Darksiders II has huge upgrade of armors and weapons than the previous game so that players can gain new abilities.
- The game will take place in a new set of maps doubling the size of the world of previous Darksiders.
- Immense Combat style, QTEs (Quick time Events) and New Finishes have been introduced.
- More powerful, brutal and bigger enemies have been launched in this game.
The game has been developed by Vigil Games and will be published by THQ. Jesper Kyd is the composer of the game. Darksiders II will appear as hack and slash, action adventure third person role playing game. At the San Diego Comic Con, it was revealed that Michael Wincott of The Crow fame has provided the voice of Death. James Cosmo was revealed to be the voice of Death’s guide.
Previously, THQ announced to release the game in June 2012 but it was postponed. The game will now be released on the mid of August in PS3, Xbox 360 and in Microsoft Windows. According to a note on Darksiders II website, “This small delay is to allow additional time for polish and bug fixing, As we’ve stated in numerous articles and videos, Darksiders II is substantially larger game than its predecessor and the ambition of this project requires extra time to polish to the high standards that Vigil Games and THQ are committed to.”
Darksiders II is available for pre-order at Amazon.