The Stockholm-based MAG Interactive has come up with an amazing word game named Ruzzle. It’s a puzzle game where you have to find as many words as possible on a grid by connecting letters in 2 minutes. You can challenge your friends, Facebook friends, or random opponents in Ruzzle or you can test your own vocabulary.
According to MAG Interactive’s Twitter stream, more than 25 million people have played Ruzzle. Its game play is as easy as pie. In the game, the opponent and you will play in turns over three rounds to find as many words as you can in a 4×4 grid by swiping your finger across the screen vertically, horizontally or diagonally. There are some pieces with signs on them, like double letter score, triple letter score, double word score and triple word score (highlighted with little icons). No round can be paused. So you have to give your best effort for making the highest score in two minutes. Letter scores, word length and bonus pieces help you to collect as many scores as possible in the end. You can earn maximum points by making the words as longer as possible.
You can practice offline to sharpen your skills using the free version of the game. But eventually, you will have to upgrade to premium version for $2.99. The premium version will let you see all the possible words you could have puzzled together after each round and will also show the statistics.
Tips & Strategy
- First make a short word, then add extra letters to make it longer.
- Try to start at a certain point (for example at the top Left) in the grid of Ruzzle. This way, you will not miss any words in the Ruzzle game and you will not get confused.
- Simply adding ‘S‘, ‘ED‘, ‘ES‘, “ER‘, ‘ING‘- is a great way to get some points without a lot of thought.
- Try to start with consonants, then find a vowel and see where the letters take you.
- Go backwards, forwards, diagonal—just make sure that they touch and you’re set to make that word.
- Making maximum words using letters marked with DL, TL, DW and TW– is the easiest way to rise your points with bonus.
- In the field of Ruzzle can often be played in reverse order, for example the word: Top in reverse order Pot.
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Also compatible with Google Play.
Size: 21.4 MB