The overall PlayStation network had been down today and still it’s down. The PlayStation gamers especially the PS3 gamers are depressed and waiting eagerly for the solution. Sony already figured out the problem and will issue a fix in the next 24 hours, according to MTV Multiplayer Blog. The bug has been stricken due to the internal clock system.
Here are some symptoms that we got so far:
1. The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
2. When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
3. When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
4. When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
5. Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
Important to note that PS3 Slims are immune to the bug, so no need to fret if that’s your set-up. For everyone else with a PS3 Fat, Sony is recommending that users not turn the system on until the issue is fixed, as it may cause more problems to arise. They’ve stated that a fix is coming in the next 24 hours.