After iOS and Mac OS, Apple has seeded Xcode 4 GM to developers. It is now available in iOS and Mac developer center. As the developers version has been released it is expected that the public version will get release very soon. Xcode 4 is a significant update to the Xcode IDE and includes both iOS SDK 4.2 and Mac OS X SDK 10.6.
What’s new in Xcode 4
* Xcode 4 has a brand new, single window interface for all major workflows
* Interface Builder is now integrated within the main Xcode IDE
* Assistant shows a paired editor with complementary files (headers, UI controllers, etc.)
* Fix-it highlights code where an error is detected, as you type, and can even fix it for you
* Version editor shows a live comparison through SCM history, using Git or Subversion
* LLVM compiler 2.0 includes full support for C, Objective-C, and now C++
* LLDB debugger is faster, and uses less memory than the GDB debugging engine ( see notes below on how to enable the LLVM compiler or LLDB) debugger
* Instruments adds System Trace, and new iOS instruments including OpenGL ES
XCode 4 requires Mac OS X 10.6 to install, if you are a developer you can get the GM release from Apple’s Developer Center.
Click On Ads To Buy iPhones Accessories