The Apple has just released the new iOS 4.3.5 and the latest version of Redns0w can jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 but still tethered jailbreak. The jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 using RedSn0w does not work on the Apple iPad 2 and if you wish too go ahead with the jailbreak you will have to update to 4.3.5 then point RedSn0w towards 4.3.4. This is a tethered jailbreak and all you have to do is download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4, but when you browser for the .ipsw firmware choose the iOS 4.3.4 firmware………….
Apple’s latest iOS 4 update fixes a security vulnerability with certificate validation and jailbreakers were initially advised not to update to the latest firmware, but as long as you’re happy with a tethered jailbreak for the foreseeable future, you’re safe to go ahead and update your device and then jailbreak with the latest RedSn0w release. iPhone Dev-Team member MuscleNerd has confirmed in a message on Twitter that the latest RedSn0w release version 4.3.4 will successfully jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 on all devices, except for the iPad 2.
How To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 With RedSn0w:
- RedSn0w 0.9.8 beta provides tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5. For those unfamiliar, a tethered jailbreak means you will have to connect your iDevice to a computer, every time you reboot, in order to boot it intojailbreak state. (Tether boot instructions can be found below)
- If you want to keep your untethered jailbreak you better stay at iOS 4.3.3 and avoid iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5.
- If you depend on UltraSn0w unlock, avoid Redsn0w, or the stock iOS 4.3.5 firmware.
- iPad 2 is obviously not supported.
Make sure iTunes 10.4 is installed. Restore iOS 4.3.4 on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad or iPod Touch 4G/3G and keep it connected to your computer via USB.
***You can skip this step if you’re already running iOS 4.3.5.
Execute the Redsn0w. Hit the Browse button and select iOS 4.3.4 firmware (Not iOS 4.3.5). RedSn0w will recognize your IPSW file. Then hit Next.
Now check mark “Install Cydia” and hit Next.
Now make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is turned OFF and Plugged in to your computer (Read RedSn0w instructions). Hit Next.
Now you’ll be instructed to put your iDevice into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold Down The Power (Corner) button for 3 Seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (Bottom Center) button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Once you’ve successfully entered into DFU mode, RedSn0w will start jailbreaking iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad,iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.3.5 tethered. When done, your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will be jailbroken tethered on iOS 4.3.5.
How To Tether Boot:
Each time you reboot/restart/turn off your iDevice you will have to connect it to a computer in order to boot it into jailbreak state. In order to do that: Open Redsn0w, provide it the IPSW file and choose the option Just boot tethered right now (uncheck all other options) and proceed. You will have to do this every time your device reboots or loses power.