A new controller that hooks to any phone via Bluetooth has surfaced called the iControlPad BT that adds physical buttons to the iPhone and other devices. It offers various different Bluetooth protocols, including standard HID. This is to ensure that you can use the iControlPad with current and future Smartphone generations.
Current side clamps support:
iPhone 3, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPod touch (some require padding), Motorola Backflip (needs padding), Lg Optimus S, Lg Ally, Blackberry Touch, Samsung Intercept (may require adjustment), HTC Dream, T-Mobile G1, Era G1.
● Supporting any phone/console/computer with Bluetooth.
● Digital Dpad, 2 Analogue nubs, 6 face buttons and 2 rear buttons.
● Clever side clamp system allowing it to attach to almost any phone
● Multiple BT protocols supported
● Should ‘just work’ on any Android app which supports a PC gamepad.
● Internal 1500maH battery can also charge your phone via USB when playing.
● Upgradeable firmware, new features can be added, restrictions can be bypassed.
● Delivery starts in February.
The phone slips into the controller and is held in place with some adjustable sides. The downside for iPhone users is that it works best with jailbroken devices, but it will work in keyboard mode on the device. The controller supports just about any Android app that supports a PC gamepad. It runs from a battery 1500mAh unit can charges via USB port. Shipments start in February and the complete controller set up is about $75 (USD).