This week Verizon Wireless is recommending what I see as essential Android apps, virtually any DROID owner should have installed on their beloved smartphone.
Actually, the theme of the week is “multitasking” (eat that iPhone), but the apps recommended better fit in some “must have” category, as far as I’m concerned. Anyway, here’s what they got:
* Qik Video Camera – allows users to record and share video with friends via social networking services.
* Mediafly Video + Audio Podcasts – audio/video streams of popular channels, including NBC and ESPN. It also allows users to organize and discover podcasts and audio, video and radio streams.
* TuneWiki Social Media Player – shows subtitled lyrics as customers listen to music, watch music videos or stream songs.
* Twitter – the official Android app.
* Dropbox – for Dropbox fans, allows them to manage files while on the go.
* Mint.com Personal Finance – probably the best personal finance management app out there.
Of course, Verizon also used the opportunity to remind us they offer not less than 5 Android smartphones, including the DROID by Motorola, DROID ERIS by HTC, Motorola DEVOUR, DROID Incredible by HTC and LG Ally.