AT&T and HTC announced the Status, the first U.S. phone with a dedicated Facebook button and it is a small Android 2.3-based smartphone with a horizontal 480-by-320, 2.6-inch touch screen and a keyboard on the front. The most important feature of this phone is the dedicated Facebook logo button near the bottom of the phone and this phone lets you share just about anything with just one touch, including music, photos, location and status updates. HTC Status also features a chat widget that allows you to see when your friends are online and you can start a live instant chat…………..
HTC launched a new page on Facebook, all about the HTC Status oming exclusively to AT&T this summer. The first device with a Facebook share button, the HTC Status ensures those moments happen more often, keeping you at the center of your social circle. The HTC Status lets you share just about anything with just one touch, including music, photos, location and status updates. HTC Status also features a chat widget that allows you to, at a glance, see when your friends are online. You can start a live instant chat and juggle between as many private conversations as you want, all straight from the device. “HTC Status brings a Facebook experience to people who want to share their experiences with their friends faster and easier than ever before,” said Jason Mackenzie, President, HTC Americas. “With a dedicated Facebook share button combined with the hallmark HTC Sense experience, HTC Status makes it easy for people to stay connected to the things that are important to them.”
Dedicated Facebook share button features :
- One touch to share: Press the Facebook share button from your home screen to instantly post on your wall.
- Snap, shoot, share: Take a picture or shoot a video and share it instantly with a press of the Facebook share button. You can even post pictures automatically as you’re taking them..
- Quick-on-the-draw check-in: Just long press the Facebook share button to check in your location with Facebook Places.
- Be first with the news: See something cool on the web? Share your latest find with a quick press of the Facebook share button.
- Post to your wall or a friend’s wall: From the home screen, a quick tap of the Facebook HTC share button makes sharing anything on your mind quick and easy.
- Share what you’re listening to: The Facebook share button glows when you’re listening to music, to let you know you can share. Let your friends in on the music you love with the push of a button.
Instead of a barrier, the HTC shortcut lock screen just became a launch pad to what you want to do now! Open your favorite apps by just dragging their shortcut icons into the lock screen ring. Every time you get or make a call, you see your friend’s profile picture and latest status update right on the call screen. Use camera effects to make your photos and videos look like they’ve been taken through special lenses and filters-like Sepia for an old-fashioned look, or Aqua for a touch of cool. Apply effects right in the viewfinder, or apply them afterwards in the Gallery. Take a spontaneous self-portrait or a quick cheek-to-cheek pic with your best pal on the VGA front-facing camera-or just double-check your hair with the Mirror app. With the 5.0 MP main camera with LED flash, you can capture every moment, with pictures or high-quality video. The Quiet ring on pickup setting reduces the ring volume when you pick the phone up. The Pocket mode setting increases ring volume when your phone is in a pocket or bag, and then returns the volume to a reasonable level when you take it out.
- Platform: Android 2.3 + HTC Sense
- Display: 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
- Processor: MSM7227, 800 MHz
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 1250 mAh
- Camera resolution: 5 MP main camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera