Sprint introduces America’s first 4G glasses-free device with QHD 3D display, HTC EVO 3D which is coming this summer and officially announced that it will be the exclusive carrier for the brand new HTC EVO 3D.This smartphone features a 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D display,a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, WiMAX connectivity including mobile hotspot support, dual 5 megapixel cameras with a flash round back, a front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera, support for 1080p video playback via the HDMI out or 720p for 3D content and Android 2.3 with Sense…………….
Sprint announced the upcoming availability of its 21st and 22nd 4G-capable devices HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G on America’s Favorite 4G Network. HTC EVO 3D takes the mobile multimedia experience to a new level, providing the ability to capture and view in 3D and share at 4G speeds, offering consumers the ultimate glasses-free 3D experience. Sprint also announced HTC EVO View 4G, introducing a tablet to the award-winning EVO family.Both devices will be available for Sprint customers this summer. Pricing will be shared closer to launch.Sprint also brings the popular and powerful HTC EVO experience to a 4G tablet, HTC EVO View 4G, this summer with new digital pen technology that makes it possible to make notes on Web pages, ebooks, PDF documents and more, in an easy and natural way.
Built with the Gingerbread 2.3 version of Android, HTC EVO 3D features America’s first QHD 3D 4.3-inch display and a powerful 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor. HTC EVO 3D also features dual 5 megapixel cameras which can be used to capture both high-quality conventional and stunning 3D images and videos, opening up new frontiers for user-generated content, social networking and streaming video. As 3D has become more sought-after in both movie theaters and family rooms, the ability to enjoy 3D on a wireless phone 3D glasses-free will change the way customers interact with their devices. According to The NPD Group’s 3D 360° Monitor (September 2010), consumers show a high degree of interest in working with personal media in 3D (with one-third saying they would like to take photos in 3D).The countless ways customers benefit from HTC EVO 3D’s dynamic ability to capture and playback video in 3D include:
- Real estate agents can create and share 3D virtual tours of homes that let out-of-town buyers “walk through” the house and truly experience the listings before they can see them live
- Dad can feel like he is in the bleachers watching the ball leave the park for a homerun even if he’s forced skip a Little League game because he is stuck at the office
- 3D mapping of terrain will help build new and exciting features for navigation, and hikers will be able to get aerial views of the topography of rivers and mountains while in the backcountry.
- Families can “relive” the excitement of their vacation and feel like they are there again.
According to ABI Research (Dec. 20, 2010) mobile 3D devices will be driven by three key applications: creation of user-generated 3D content by integrated video and still cameras, playback of 3D content and 3D gaming. It also anticipates that mobile devices may turn out to be the most successful form factor towards bringing 3D technology into mainstream markets.With integrated 3D HD (720p) video capture, 4G speeds and the latest version of the acclaimed HTC Sense experience, HTC EVO 3D makes it possible to become part of the action and then easily and seamlessly post high-quality video to YouTube or Facebook or share moments in real time over the Internet live via Qik. Its integrated DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) capability makes it fast and easy to share stored music, pictures and user-generated HD video wirelessly with other DLNA-certified home electronics, including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras, printers and more. Using an HDMI cable (sold separately) makes it possible to also share user-created 3D video content via a 3D TV.
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Android Market for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Voice Actions and YouTube
- Sprint’s unique implementation of Google Voice, allowing customers to keep their Sprint number and seamlessly move to Google Voice
- Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging
- 4GB Internal memory/1GB RAM
- microSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Integrated GPS
- 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery