Verizon announced that the new DROID 3 with physical QWERTY keyboard, will be released on July 14 and the latest addition to the Motorola family of DROID phones will cost $199.99 with a two-year contract. The DROID 3 is an upgrade from the DROID 2 in several key areas and the smartphone features a 1GHz dual processor improves on the old single-core model; like the iPhone 4, it has added a front-facing camera for video chat; storage has double to 16GB from 8GB; and perhaps most encouragingly for many frustrated DROID typers…………..
Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility Inc. announced the new Android-powered DROID 3 by Motorola, a global smartphone that delivers power for work and play without making compromises. DROID 3 by Motorola is the world’s thinnest full QWERTY smartphone and still delivers the power of a dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast multi-tasking. Customers can take stunning photos with the 8-megapixel camera or capture the moment in 1080p HD video. Equipped with Android 2.3, the DROID 3 by Motorola features a brilliant 4-inch qHD display, a roomy 5-row QWERTY keyboard and 3G Mobile Hotspot capabilities, with the ability to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. DROID 3 by Motorola delivers the power needed to conquer the day whether customers are at home, work or somewhere in between.
- Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Mirror mode allows you to view and share photos, videos and movies on a larger TV via HDMI output (requires HDMI cable)
- Global ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
- Enterprise ready with advanced security policies, device and SD card encryption, complex password support, remote data wipe of device and SD card; document and presentation viewing and editing with Quickoffice®
- Citrix GoToMeeting for Android, gives users the ability to attend online meetings while on-the-go and Citrix Receiver for Android, a universal software client that allows companies to deliver corporate apps, desktops and data to any corporate- or employee-owned device
- ESP smart dock technology for a tailored experience based on whether DROID 3 is docked in home, office or car settings
- Adobe Flash Player 10
- Front-facing camera for still shots and video chat
- Video playback in 1080p HD in mirror mode
DROID 3 by Motorola is now available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores by July 14 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers that purchase a DROID 3 will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. New Verizon Wireless customers will have the option of smartphone plans starting at $30 for 2GB of data. Current Verizon Wireless smartphone customers who are upgrading their smartphone can keep their current data plan. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.