NewerTech announces plug and play eSATA to USB 3.0 adapter for superspeed data transfer and it makes legacy external HDDs feel young again at Macworld 2011.You can adapt the eSATA drive to USB 3.0 to enjoy the data transfer speeds up to 5Gb/s and it sells for $29.95……..
Newer Technology Inc. announced the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 adapter for using an eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive with computers offering the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. The $29.95 MSRP adapter offers benchmark proven performance of up to 247MB/s reads and 206.4MB/s writes for the fastest data transfer rates available with external data storage/backup.The fastest commonly found interface on Macintosh computers FireWire 800, offers 81.8MB/s reads and 78.6MB/s writes. Even slower is the commonly found USB 2.0 interface on PCs with 38.4MB/s reads and 32.2MB/s writes.Using the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter with an eSATA interface equipped external drive to take advantage of high-bandwidth SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance is an easy three step process:
- Power on the eSATA equipped external drive.
- Connect the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to an external drive via a standard eSATA cable.
- Connect the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to the USB 3.0 port on the computer via included USB 3.0 cable.
- Supports SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) data rate up to 5Gb/s.
- Supports 2.5″ and 3.5″ eSATA hard disk drives and SSDs.
- Plug and Play, no software or driver installation.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of USB 2.0/1.1.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of eSATA devices (1.5Gb/s).
- Compliant with Serial ATA Specification Revision 2.6.
- Supports Hot-Swap.
- Dimensions: 2.25″ D x 2.5″ W x .75″ H (57.3mm x 64.2mm x 19mm)
- Weight: 1.0oz (28.35g)