HTC officially announces a 1.5GHz, 7-inch Android 2.4 Flyer into the tablet wars and exact tablet will be launched globally in the second quarter of this year.The HTC Flyer is first tablet with HTC Sense,HTC Watch video service,HTC Scribe technology and OnLive cloud gaming; have aluminum unibody design with touch and pen interaction…….
HTC announced its first tablet HTC Flyer.HTC Flyer blends HTC’s trademark design language with an all-new HTC Sense user experience that has been reimagined for the tablets. Using an intuitive and innovative approach to tablets, HTC Flyer combines natural touch and pen interaction. HTC also announced HTC Watch a new connected video service that will debut on HTC Flyer tablet and will collaborate with OnLive, Inc. to launch the first cloud-based mobile gaming service on a tablet. Encased in a sleek aluminum unibody, the HTC Flyer tablet exudes the iconic style and build quality HTC is known for. It is also ultra-light, weighing as little as a paperback book, and compact enough to fit in a jacket pocket only. With a seven-inch display, lightning fast 1.5Ghz processor and high-speed HSPA+ wireless capabilities, the HTC Flyer tablet is perfect for those who have been waiting for a tablet that is both compact and powerful.
HTC Sense revolutionized smartphones by placing the person at the center of the experience. HTC Flyer‘s tablet-focused HTC Sense experience focuses on surprising and delighting people with its gorgeous 3D home screen. A unique carousel of widgets puts a user’s most important content and information at the visual center of the experience. The HTC Flyer tablet also offers uncompromised Web browsing with Flash 10 and HTML 5. ith the new HTC Scribe Technology on the HTC Flyer tablet, people can rediscover the natural act of writing. HTC Scribe Technology introduces a wave of integrated digital ink innovations that make it easy and natural to take notes, sign contracts, draw pictures, or even write on a web page or photo.
HTC Scribe Technology on the HTC Flyer tablet transforms traditional note-taking into smart note-taking by integrating natural onscreen writing with thoughtful and integrated innovations. A feature called Timemark enables you to capture the audio of a meeting in line with your written notes, so tapping on a word in your notes instantly takes you to that exact place in time in the audio recording of the meeting. Notes are also integrated with the calendar so when there is an appointment reminder you are automatically prompted with an opportunity to begin a new note or in the case of recurring meetings, to continue where the last meeting left off. In an industry first, the HTC Flyer tablet also features built-in synchronization with Evernote the world-leading notes application and service.
The HTC Flyer tablet premieres HTC Watch, HTC’s new video download service. The HTC Watch service enables low-cost on-demand progressive downloading of hundreds of HD movies from major studios. The intuitive, natural design of the HTC Watch service makes it easy to find the latest movie and video content, while advanced technology on the back-end enables instant playback over the HTC Flyer tablet’s high-speed wireless connection.
HTC takes mobile gaming to an entirely new level by being the first mobile device in the world to integrate OnLive Inc.’s revolutionary cloud-based gaming service. OnLive is leading in the home gaming market by letting people play top video games on their televisions and computers without the need to buy expensive gaming hardware or software. When integrated fully, the OnLive service will enable customers to pipe the OnLive service through the HTC Flyer tablet’s broadband wireless to their television sets, or let them play directly on the tablet. When integrated on the HTC Flyer tablet, people can play a variety of games, including hits like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood,NBA 2K11 and Lego Harry Potter.HTC Flyer will be available to customers globally during Q2 2011.
- Platform: Android with HTC Sense
- Processor: 1.5GHz
- Display: 7 inch touch-sensitive TFT screen with 1024 X 600 resolution
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM , 32 GB of internal storage and Micro SD memory card support
- Camera: rear-facing 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and front-facing 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Dimensions (LxWxT): 195.4 x 122 x 13.2 mm
- Weight: Around 415 grams with battery
- Audio supported formats: For Playback; .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9) For Recording; .amr, .aac
- Video supported formats: For Playback; .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3) For Recording; .3gp
- Rechargeable battery Capacity: 4000 mAh Standby time: Up to 820 ~1470 hours Video Playback: Up to 4 hours All subject to network and device usage
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/AWS/2100 MHz Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent
- Connectivity and I/O: Bluetooth® 3.0 with A2DP for wireless stereo headsets Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 3.5 mm stereo audio jack Micro-USB (12-pin micro-USB 2.0)
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna
- Sensors: GPS Sensors, Ambient light sensor G-Sensor Digital compass
- AC adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz DC output: 9V and 1.67A
For the videos thnaks to Engadget.com