Galaxy S III is the most popular and desired device which is powered by Google’s Android v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). If you are a Galaxy S III user and want to upgrade your android OS, you must know how to install the custom ROM firmware in Galaxy S III. Here we have shown the general steps of installing any custom ROM firmware in Galaxy S III. Checkout the steps below.
General Steps To Install Custom ROM In Samsung Galaxy S III
- Download Custom ROM Firmware & Google Apps Package to your computer.(Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Unofficial ROM)
- After you downloaded the both files, connect your device to the computer
- Copy those two files in your device’s internal memory
- Enter your Galaxy S3 in the recovery mode (Use the Volume Up Key, Center button, holding both simultaneously press the Power Button)
- Try again the process above to enter your Galaxy S III in recovery mode if the device boots up in the normal mode
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system
- Again use the Volume rocker keys so that all the cache data will be wiped Off completely.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the custom ROM zip file and then follow by the Google Apps Zip file.
- Once the zip files are selected, the device will be updated and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the system.
And you are done, your device should bootup with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This whole steps can be applied for installing any ROM Firmware on Galaxy S III. Here we have suggest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Unofficial ROM from xda-developers. You can try this or can install any other Custom ROM Firmware you want by following this general steps.
Note: Learn more about this custom ROM and their features @ Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Unofficial ROM Available For Galaxy S III