Motorola Xoom WiFi to get Android 3.1 update within the next several weeks and the update from Android 3.0 to 3.1 will carry lots of updates to current features as well as some new features as well. A major new feature is expanded USB device support and when you gets the new update you will be able to hook-up Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 controllers up to the tablet along and use the USB port as a host………….
Motorola XOOM users on the Verizon Wireless network will soon be able to rent movies, use a Bluetooth headset during video chats, resize their widgets and more with an over-the-air software update for Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) that makes the Motorola XOOM experience even more powerful than before. The software update, coming first to Motorola XOOM and rolling out this week, delivers a wide range of new features and expanded functionality, including:
- Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
- Full support for the final release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
- Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
- Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets and other variants of Motorola XOOM will receive the update within the next several weeks. If users have questions or need support, they can visit www.motorola.com/myxoom or www.motorola.com/support, or get help from other owners on our online community at https://supportforums.motorola.com.
Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets and other variants of Motorola XOOM will receive the update within the next several weeks.Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary.
Download Android 3.1 For Motorola Xoom WiFi : Here*
Download Android 3.1 For Motorola Xoom 3G: Here*
*this updates are not official updates.