Toshiba has been teasing its very first Honeycomb tablet under the name “Regza AT300.” Its specs list looks very much like the one of the Motorola Xoom, so the $800 slate will have serious competition.
The Regza AT300 was shown off at CES in January and then unveiled again later that month on a teaser web-site that added a few more details. The promising device replaces last year’s half-baked Folio 100 Android 2.2 tablet.
The Regza tablet supports connectivity with other devices made by Toshiba and bearing the Regza branding and if you’re curious about the specs, here they are:
* Display: 10.1 inch LCD, 1280 x 800, LED backlight
* CPU: Tegra 2, dual core, 1GHz
* Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB internal, SD storage
* Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, HDMI, miniUSB, USB
* Camera: 5MP rear, 2MP front
* Battery life: 7 hours
The product weighs 765 grams and measures 15.8mm in thickness, which is quite a lot considering the iPad 2 is a mere 8.8mm. The slate will be shipping in June, priced around $730, at least in Japan, while the US will get it in the first half of 2011.