Toshiba made tablet sporting the Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system will be joining the tablet wars sometime in spring and has now released a teaser page for its new Android tablet.The device has an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor and a 6:10 Widescreen with HD quality capacitive touchscreen display………
A teaser site has gone live for the Toshiba Android tablet with Honeycomb and the tablet was shown in CES.Toshiba states on the bottom of the website the tablet is coming in Spring.
- Toshiba will offer the Toshiba Tablet in 5 colors with Black being the only confirmed color at the moment.
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS will be shipped with the Toshiba Tablet.
- The Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core SoC will power the tablet.
- A 10.1-inch 720p HD (1280 x 800 resolution) capacitive multi-touch display with 16:10 aspect ratio, a built-in ambient light sensor (detects outside lights and auto-adjusts screen brightness and contrast) and a built-in G-sensor (accelerometer for screen rotation).
- There are two on-board cameras for video chatting and taking pictures. There is a 2MP front-facing camera and a 5 MP rear-facing camera with autofocus.
- Stereo speakers are located on the bottom of the Toshiba Tablet (when tablet is held in landscape)
- For ports the Toshiba Tablet has: Headphone jack (1/4 inch), Microphone jack, USB 2.0 port, mini-USB 2.0 port, HDMI port, SD memory card reader.
- Connectivity wise the tablet has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- The tablet will come with a removable battery, a screwdriver is all that is needed to remove the battery if you want to replace it. Right now no other main-stream tablet offers this simple feature.